Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Get Caught! Challenge

arintiaarintia Posts: 251 Member
Hey there, guys! This is my first challenge I've made and is still a WIP, but I decide I'd post it and get some feedback from it! This is also on modthesims (well, soon it will be after moderation) under the name arintia. This one is currently more perfected than the one posted on modthesims, but I'll keep putting updates on here.
SUMMARY

You are an evil scientist, and while experimenting, you’ve created a whole new species similar to Sims! As the scientist, you create a testing chamber and a living area for your newfound species. This doesn’t settle the urge for you to experiment, though, and you start collecting more Sims to experiment on in the chambers. Does this go well for you, or will you be caught?
SETTING UP
SCIENTIST: The scientist would be great as a Young Adult or an Adult, but not an Elder. He should have at least the "Evil" trait, but other recommended traits include: Insane, Genius, Hot-Headed, etc. It depends on the story you'd like to make for your Sim. They can be either male or female, to your preference, but whatever gender you choose, your creation should be the opposite!

EXPERIMENT: The experiment is advised to start out as a Child, but to make gameplay easier you can choose a Teen or Young Adult. They really shouldn't look like a "normal" Sim, so feel free to get creative! They can have any traits that you'd like. They aren't allowed to leave the chambers, though! You can also make them an alien, too, it might be easier!

ALTER OPTION: In my story, I actually decided to make some sort of alien creature that had appeared in front of my Scientist. A little bit cheesy, I know, but I felt like this was better for my storyline. So instead of constantly experimenting and managing to get her, he's actually looking through her genetics and trying to figure out what all she is capable of that she cannot remember. That's the reason he wants her to breed, and now he is trying to find another creature the same as her, so that way he can better understand the new species. Scientists do it all the time with strange animals, why not Sims?

TESTING FACILITY: The testing chambers can be anything that you'd like, go crazy with it! You are a successful scientist (or maybe you're just spoiled by your parents who don't question anything, it's whatever) after all. I do suggest you try to not make the actual testing chambers enormous, though, because then the neighbors will suspect something! There IS one on the gallery! Just search up the username arintia0, and it should be there! Personally, I made a decent-looking house on the first few floors, and then a basement where the scientist would lure unsuspecting victims and put them there. I had an area that looked like a prison, with little cells for the Sims they kidnapped, a larger more "home-like" area for the experiment(s), a room where the scientist conducted "experiments" and some public bathrooms and a collection room.

Set your money to 1,500 (by putting in the cheat "testingcheats on" and then "money 1500") Have your scientist go into the Scientist career track, but you're not able to go to work with them!

GAMEPLAY/SCORING
This challenge is pretty much how you'd like to make it, but there are some rules to this insanity.
  1. The experiment, if you choose to let them leave the house, can only leave at night. If anybody sees them, the suspicion level will rise higher, and that's a majorly bad thing. They can leave to complete collections, fish, and so forth.
  2. Your scientist is not only afraid of death, but he is also afraid of growing old. Therefore, you need to sacrifice Sims with a cowplant (you can purchase this from buydebug) and drinking their life juice!
  3. Anybody directly related to your experiment is unable to go to school. Other children in the facility are able to, but there is a chance that they will tell people about their home-life.
  4. You must have two groups of beings living in your household: The control group and the experimental. Have two different families living in the testing chambers, one directly related to your experiment, one that is entirely human.
  5. Using CAS, you are able to successfully create another being like your experiment for them to breed with, and therefore help expand the family.

SCORING:
The challenge is out of 50 points on normal mode, but for hard mode it's out of 30, and easy mode out of 75. The less points you have, the better you did in your challenge.

(+3) Every time a kidnapped Sim has escaped (the experiment(s) cannot escape, they believe everything their Creator tells them, and therefore believe the outside world is scary.) Roll the die. 1-5 is that they didn’t escape, 6-8 means that they did. If they did, just separate the household and move them back into their original if it still exists. Escaping can happen whenever the Scientist is out of the house, at work.

(+1) If you have a child that goes to school, this concerns you. Children talk about things that they shouldn’t, and they also tell stories therefore several people don’t actually listen to what a kid says. Once a week, roll a die per child.1-4 means that they didn’t say anything, and 5-8 means that they did. The higher their mental score, the less likely they are to tell somebody.

(+5) Each time you kidnap a Sim. Somebody’s going to notice it.

(+7) Each time the experiment is seen by somebody outside the testing chambers.

(-2) Each time a kidnapped Sim dies. The creator wants to live forever, therefore he has no problem with using the cowplant to extract the life out of sims.

(-1) Each time the scientist has a kidnapped Sim fall in love with him.

(-5) Each time the scientist gets a promotion.

If you can manage not to get 50 points for five generations of your experiment, you win the game! The creator has gathered all the data needed for his experimental process.

If your "experiment" is able to escape before their death (or one of her children) it's an automatic loss for the scientist, a win for them though.

ROLLS (update*)

Everyday you have to roll the following:

A kid/teen sneaks in and discovers the lab! Roll two dice; if the outcome is even, they're able to leave without getting caught. You get (+10) onto your point count. If it rolls and odd and your Scientist discovers them, (-7) for your point count and the child/teen is now your prisoner.

You're in a woohoo-ey mood, and the only people you know are your prisoners. Go down and woo them! Roll three dice, if one of the dice is either a 4 or a 7 you get this. Roll again with the number of prisoners/experiments you have, and then roll again two dice and if it's odd, you woohoo, if it's even, you try for baby. If there isn't enough space to try for baby, I recommend disposing of somebody via cowplant if they're not directly related to your important experiment(s).

(if you have any idea for additions, lemme know)
FAQ
Little bits of information here and there about the challenge; sometimes a more thorough explanation as well.
Besides holding Sims as prisoners (?) what are you supposed to do with them?
The experiment is meant to be some sort of weird, supernatural being. I may implement some weird experiments later on (like "upgrading" the experiments + kidnapped Sims, etc)

As of now, though, the "prisoner" Sims are mainly there as a control group; there will have to be a Sim that is the opposite gender of your completed experimental Sim, so that way they may breed.

To better explain the two groups:

Control group -

This group is your normal, everyday group of Sims, besides one teeny weeny feature: They've been kidnapped by an evil scientist. This group is set aside for future testing, or the lucky ones are placed in a simulator to compare with the experimental group(s). The scientist prefers to have a few extra Sims in this group, so he can kill them off using the cowplant and drink their life essence.

Experimental group -

This group is where your main "experiment" is put in, as well as any other Sims that have been tested on. For now, the only experiments include transforming a Sim to be a different species whatsoever. You have your one main experiment, which is the primary focus of this challenge, but you want to eventually have a Sim of opposite gender experimented with and transformed into this different species, to insure breeding.

The primary focus is for the scientist to test these two groups through a variety of trials (which can be user-created, but I can also generate some trials) and see how they are through out the challenge. You have to make the two groups last through out 5 generations without the scientist getting caught for Sim experimentation.
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
Post edited by arintia on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016

BETWEEN THE LINES:
    PROLOGUE
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @Abee12 Not quite understanding about the experiment.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Abee12 Not quite understanding about the experiment.

Thanks for reading through my challenge :)
    The experiment is meant to be some sort of weird, supernatural being. I may implement some weird experiments later on (like "upgrading" the experiments + kidnapped Sims, etc)

As of now, though, the "prisoner" Sims are mainly there as a control group; there will have to be a Sim that is the opposite gender of your completed experimental Sim, so that way they may breed.

To better explain the two groups:

Control group -

This group is your normal, everyday group of Sims, besides one teeny weeny feature: They've been kidnapped by an evil scientist. This group is set aside for future testing, or the lucky ones are placed in a simulator to compare with the experimental group(s). The scientist prefers to have a few extra Sims in this group, so he can kill them off using the cowplant and drink their life essence.

Experimental group -

This group is where your main "experiment" is put in, as well as any other Sims that have been tested on. For now, the only experiments include transforming a Sim to be a different species whatsoever. You have your one main experiment, which is the primary focus of this challenge, but you want to eventually have a Sim of opposite gender experimented with and transformed into this different species, to insure breeding.

The primary focus is for the scientist to test these two groups through a variety of trials (which can be user-created, but I can also generate some trials) and see how they are through out the challenge. You have to make the two groups last through out 5 generations without the scientist getting caught for Sim experimentation.
    I hope I explained this well enough; I think once I start posting some gameplay of it and stories then it will become much easier to implement. If you have any follow-up questions, don't be afraid to ask.
  • Options
    I'm actually preparing to make the Sims for this challenge soon, and am having a hard time finding suitable CC.

After three hours of shopping, though, I think I've manage to do it! :)
  • Options
    UPDATE:

A facility has been put on the Gallery!
  • Options
    This challenge now has a space on my website, which will be for future story-telling of this challenge! Click here.
  • Options
    UPDATE:

Added in a Rolls section, more decisions on how to create an "Experiment" or "Alien", and more of an incentive for them to actually live besides being a giant genetic experiment.

SOON TO COME: Rolls for genetics, since Sims don't automatically get the genetics of the alien/experiment, we'll have to make our own ideas (that don't really mess with bone structure)
  • Options
    First chapter is put in the second reply to this thread :)