Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medieval Legacy Challenge

The Medieval Legacy Challenge
The Basic Idea
So I was looking through some challenges and came up with this idea. Each generation is a class in the Middle Ages starting with peasants and ending with royal. The classes have ways to earn money and other restrictions that are relevant to the time. Take your legacy through Medieval times in this challenge!

The Rules
  • No cheats unless you are fixing glitches or it says to cheat.
  • Follow each generations rules.
  • No anti-aging potions or other methods.
  • Satisfaction points are only to be used for traits. The traits should make since in the class and time period.
  • Legacy rules don't apply, so move into any lot and buy what you want with the money. The heir rules will be specified in each generation.
  • Money can be brought in from moving people into your household. However, you should only earn money that is reasonable for your class. Peasants shouldn't earn 100,000 from moving someone in.
  • The bonuses are not required but come in handy next generation. If the previous generation did good then the next will be rewarded or be better at the

Starting Out
Make a sim. It can be a boy or girl. This will be generation 1. He/She should look like a peasant i.e. messy hair and clothes. Move into Newcrest and the challenge begins!

Generation 1: Peasants

Once you move into the lot, set your money to 10,000. When furnishing your house, remember that the furniture should fit the time period. Use a grill or (OR) fire pit for food. No electronic items should be purchased.
  • Have 5 kids.
  • Garden for money
  • Children shouldn't actively try to do good in school as peasants didn't go to school.
  • Only buy the worst quality things.
  • The house can only have three rooms, a bedroom, bathroom, and living space.
  • Half of the money you get from gardening must be given to the royals through taxes. Do this buy either throwing away half of the produce or using money cheats to get rid of half of the money.
  • The heir is the young adult with the highest level in gardening.
  • Bonus: Complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration.

Generation 2: Servant

Move out the heir into an empty lot and give your sim 15,000 simoleons. If you completed the bonus, the royals thank you for doing amazing at your farm by giving you extra money. Start this generation with 20,000 simoleons.
  • As a teen, build your skill in mixology and cooking.
  • Have as many kids as you want (at least one, of course).
  • The man should get a job in the culinary career.
  • Buy the second worst quality items.
  • The house may have four rooms of any kind.
  • Again, children shouldn't try to advance in school.
  • Once a week, invite a rich sim (this is like a noble) to go to a party at their house or a nice public place. Make the food and drink. You can attempt to get a medal but sell the reward.
  • The heir is the young adult with the highest cooking and mixology skill combined.
  • Bonus: Complete both aspirations in the "Food" category or reach level 10 in the culinary career.

Generation 3: Merchant

Move out the heir into an empty lot and give your sim 22,000 simoleons. If you are using GTW, your retail store funds will start at 20,000 and you can build one with that amount (see below).If you completed the bonus, your parents experience with catering parties helps you build friendly relationships faster. Give yourself the Gregarious trait. (Traits.equip_trait Gregarious)
  • As a teen, build your Charisma skill.
  • Have three kids, one being a man.
  • Earn money through an "art" skill (woodworking, painting, etc) If you have GTW, buy a retail store that sells things you made and things you can buy.
  • Buy the third worst quality items.
  • (OR) You may go on vacation but you must pick the campground site.
  • Children may have, at the most, a B in school.
  • The heir is the male young adult with the most friends. If two have equal amounts of friends, the one with the highest level in his/her parents' focus skill is the heir.
  • Bonus: Max two art skills/ (GTW) Have a retail store worth 30,000.

Generation 4: Knight

Move out the heir into an empty lot and give your sim 40,000 simoleons. If you completed the bonus, skip the second bullet, as your parents have taught you what you need to know.
  • As a teen, build your fitness skill.
  • Before you join a career, reach level 5 in your charisma, fitness, and dancing skill. These are skills a squire would better before being knighted.
  • Once you complete this, have a party with one rich person (noble) attending and the rest being friends and family. This is where you are knighted.
  • Join the secret agent/ (GTW) detective career. You can use a computer but pretend it is a book or piece of paper. ;)
  • Buy the second best quality items
  • Have parties regularly and make friends at them.
  • Have one male kid and teach him your skill in charisma. He should do good in school (have a B or A).
  • The heir is the male young adult.
  • Bonus: Complete the "Friend of the World" aspiration and the heir should have an A

Generation 5: Priest

Move out the heir into an empty lot and give them 80,000 simoleons. If you completed the bonus, your parents charisma and your knowledge has helped you. Build or download a library but make sure to keep in the time period.
  • Have parties at your house or, if you completed the bonus, the library you built. You may talk with each other or read but ignore the goals in the top-left corner it gives. After every party, add up the number of books read and friends made.
1- give your sim 500 simoleons
2-3- give your sim 1000 simoleons
4+- give your sim 1500 simoleons
  • Buy the second best quality items.
  • Find love at a party.
  • Marry
  • Quit having parties after you marry because priests may never marry.
  • Have lots of children.
  • The heir is the sim that has read the most books.
  • Bonus: Complete the Renassance Sim aspiration and read 10 books.

Generation 6: Noble

Move the heir into an empty lot and give them 150,000 simoleons. If you completed the bonus, your parents vast knowledge in all things makes you able to learn quicker. Give your sim the Quick Learner trait.
  • Join the Business career (You can use a computer but again, just pretend it's a piece of paper)
  • Buy the best quality stuff
  • The girls in the family clean and cook.
  • Boys study any topic.
  • Have a two story house.
  • Marry before you age up to adult.
  • The heir is the first born sim.
  • Bonus: Max out two skills, one being charisma and the other an art skill.

Generation 7: Royalty

Congratulations! You have made it to the final generation. Move the heir into an empty lot and give them 250,000 simoleons. If you completed the bonus, see below, as your parents skills make you a great leader whose subjects listen to.
  • Sunday is tax collecting day. Every Sunday, total up the number of friends and enemies. Multiply that by 1000 and give your sim that many simoleons. If you completed the bonus, people are willing to give you more money. Multiply the number of friends and enemies by 2000 instead.
  • Have at least 5 kids.
  • Marry before you age to adult.
  • Have parties at your house frequently but only invite wealthy households.
  • Buy the best quality items.
  • Have a three story house.
  • All members of the family work on their skills.
  • If you want, you can continue the legacy through. Future generations will have the first born as the heir and can apply this generations rules to them.
  • Complete the big happy family aspiration.

Frequently Asked Questions

If there are two children that qualify as the heir, which one do I use?
You can randomize which one or pick the one that was born first.

How do I use the cheats it says to use?
For money cheats do testingcheats on then type sim's.modify_funds xxx and put the money you want to add there. You can also do money xxx and put the money your sim needs there. When it says to give your sim a trait, do Traits.equip_trait xxx and type the trait you need there. If the trait is two worded, type the trait with no spaces.

Can I adopt children?
No because adoption doesn't seem like a thing people did in the Middle Ages.

If there is no job listed can I get one?
No because there is some other unconventional way to earn money aside from jobs.

When it says to buy the best quality items, can I buy the second or third best?
Yes as long as the quality you buy is the same or below the quality listed.

That's the end of my challenge! I hope you like it and if you did, check out my other challenges. If you have any questions comment below and I will answer them within a few days. Have fun and happy simming!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy simming to all and to all a good night.

Comments

• Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I love history-related legacy challenges! This looks so fun, so I'll definitely be checking this out soon :) Thanks for coming up with this idea.
  • Options
    Angel876Angel876 Posts: 20 Member
    This is kind of like the history challenge
  • Options
    sassy_simmer727sassy_simmer727 Posts: 87 Member
    @Angel876 it is similar but instead of moving through the ages of time you move through the classes of medieval times.
    Happy simming to all and to all a good night.
  • Options
    AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    I love this so much. I just started getting into historical legacy challenges, and medieval themed anything is probably my favorite. I've been working on the Decades challenge, but I kind of want to start this on the side now!
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited October 2017
    It seems this for The Sims 4. You might want to move it there :) Also, could this be adapted for Sims 3? Dragon Valley would make the perfect world for this kind of challenge and there are quite a few challenges pertaining to the Gardening career that could be completed. Along with the Castle store content it could be lots of fun. Just a thought...I might try it to see if it works for Sims 3. Sounds fun.

(Just realized this was posted in 2016...)
  • Options
    AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    It seems this for The Sims 4. You might want to move it there :) Also, could this be adapted for Sims 3? Dragon Valley would make the perfect world for this kind of challenge and there are quite a few challenges pertaining to the Gardening career that could be completed. Along with the Castle store content it could be lots of fun. Just a thought...I might try it to see if it works for Sims 3. Sounds fun.

(Just realized this was posted in 2016...)

I didn't even realize this was under Sims 3, I just followed a link from the Sims 4 section, lol. But, YES! I miss Dragon Valley soooo much in Sims 4. I bet it would work perfectly!

(And yeah, I just saw it for the first time earlier today and commented, so I guess that bumped it lol, whoops)