Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ea lied to us. End of the story. (Toddlers)

I'm creating this thread for all of those who try and say "Ea never promised us toddlers." I'm not sure if any of you guys remember but, they clearly did state that all previous life stages would be incorporated in this game. Later on before the release, one of the gurus went on Twitter and released the list of life stages with the omission of toddlers. So Ea did in fact lie to us. There's no denying that.
SimGuruGrant even said so in an interview:
Simified: What are the Life Stages in The Sims 4? Are there any new ones?
SimGuruGrant: The Sims 4 will have all of the same life stages as previous games, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. There are no new life stages coming at this time.

Source: http://thesims4blogger.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-qa-with-simgurugrant

So please... the next time someone says they didn't "promise" us toddlers, correct them.

Ea is trying to cover this up by saying "oh we wanted to focus on other things." Keep your word. Be loyal to your customers and maybe you wouldn't have so much backlash. Don't say you're going to do something, and then go do something else. That's not showing any kind of respect for your customers. It's ridiculous. This thread might get closed but I really don't care.

If you can't guarantee something, don't mention it. That just shows a lack of integrity.

*And if you don't care about toddlers.. please I beg you to just leave this thread. I'm making this thread for those of us who enjoy them.*
p6tqefj

Comments

• Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Also, SimGuruDrake is the one who dropped the bomb on toddlers being omitted from the game. I believe she made a tweet.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    *sigh*

16y6pt.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    They think distracting us with all these different stuff packs thinking it'll distract us all from everything that is going on lol, it's basically like here have a new lemonade drink instead of toddlers because who needs them lmao
    Tr10zt02CSMOQ.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    *sigh*

16y6pt.jpg

Is that necessary? I said if you don't like toddlers, ignore the post. I'm not sitting here saying players are wrong for not wanting toddlers. This is OUR game. Let's all at least accept each others playing styles.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    if toddlers are put in, they didn't lie to us. They would then have all life stages in previous games in the sims4. if at the end of Sims4 run and toddlers are not in it, then we can say we were lied to.

According to the post mentioned in the OP, all life stages will be in the sims4. Just some might take 2 years it seems. So thanks for reminding us that toddlers will be included in Sims4.

• Options
    @alexandrea I am sorry but this thread is just a hate thread.

There are many threads on the subject about the lack of toddlers and at the very least this thread would be merged with others.

But you are right though, this is our game and the game is to be catered for everyone, not just a small few. I direction has been set, plans are being made for it and if it does not appeal then that is very unfortunate for yourself but there is no need to attack the development team just because of a very 'missing' features
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Gruffman Well said! :smiley:

*bows down*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Ciarassims I know! If the content was good, I wouldn't complain but... the content is watered-down in my opinion. Toddlers were just a major part of my playing style. I played ts1, ts2, and ts3. When ts2 first came out it was so cool to have toddlers instead of watching your babies become children from ts1.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    LoloLolo Posts: 42 Member
    I agree @alexandrea. The opinion of the Spanish community is the same.
    Maybe we should mobilize us all.

I feel they are trying to distract us with "easter eggs", then turn out not to be easter eggs.
    I address my question to those responsible for this game. Why are you doing this?
  • Options
    @alexandrea I am sorry but this thread is just a hate thread.

There are many threads on the subject about the lack of toddlers and at the very least this thread would be merged with others.

But you are right though, this is our game and the game is to be catered for everyone, not just a small few. I direction has been set, plans are being made for it and if it does not appeal then that is very unfortunate for yourself but there is no need to attack the development team just because of a very 'missing' features

I'm not attacking the development team. I'm just saying it like it is. Like I said, since you don't like toddlers I don't understand why you're even in this thread trying to cause trouble. I acknowledge there's an abundance of threads regarding toddlers, so what? We have freedom of speech. You can make a thread about how you enjoy the fact that toddlers aren't in the game. So be it.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    alexandrea wrote: »
    @Ciarassims I know! If the content was good, I wouldn't complain but... the content is watered-down in my opinion. Toddlers were just a major part of my playing style. I played ts1, ts2, and ts3. When ts2 first came out it was so cool to have toddlers instead of watching your babies become children from ts1.

EA are probably gonna keep on lying to us for another few years throwing a load of rubbish at us till people realize what they are doing..
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Zango11Zango11 Posts: 133 Member
    Even if toddlers are included some point in the future, I feel a bit cheated that I'll have to pay money just to get that feature. Even if I don't want anything else in the pack it comes with, I'll buy it just so I can have toddlers. But if it comes in the form for an EP, I'll have to wait at least a year for a sale as I can never afford to buy these packs straight away- this makes me sad. :'(
  • Options
    @alexandrea Why am I in this thread? To prevent the developers from being called liars maybe?

Look it is as Gruffman said, toddlers could be in the game at some point so in that sense, they have not lied to anyone.

However I fear that this thread may get out of hand so I shall ask @SimGuruDrake or @SimStaffBethelle to step in before things get too heated :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    if toddlers are put in, they didn't lie to us. They would then have all life stages in previous games in the sims4. if at the end of Sims4 run and toddlers are not in it, then we can say we were lied to.

According to the post mentioned in the OP, all life stages will be in the sims4. Just some might take 2 years it seems. So thanks for reminding us that toddlers will be included in Sims4.

He stated these things before the game was released, insinuating that they would be in the game at release. Not only that but once the bubble was busted, they EXPLAINED themselves for their shortcomings. So yes, although they might add them later, which is what I want. We still can't deny the facts. The fact that they feel bad about the toddler life stage not being in the game says enough about the situation. It was just wrong in my eyes.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @alexandrea Why am I in this thread? To prevent the developers from being called liars maybe?

Look it is as Gruffman said, toddlers could be in the game at some point so in that sense, they have not lied to anyone.

However I fear that this thread may get out of hand so I shall ask @SimGuruDrake . or @SimStaffBethelle to step in before things get too heated :smile:

that's unnecessary we're all having a civil conversation :) .
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    @Ciarassims I feel that the title of this thread is too harsh. The very word lie is unfair. I myself would have used the words dishonest perhaps.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

However I fear that this thread may get out of hand so I shall ask @SimGuruDrake or @SimStaffBethelle to step in before things get too heated :smile:

There's nothing for them to close here, and if they close this thread, I'll still be in other threads regarding toddlers, so what's your point?
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    @Ciarassims I feel that the title of this thread is too harsh. The very word lie is unfair. I myself would have used the words dishonest perhaps.

How is it unfair?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    The fact that is almost two years and still we have no decent answer from EA/Maxis about toddlers is cruel and with the dismissive way non-happy feedback is treated, I see very little respect toward the costumers, or at least a very large preference toward a specific chunk of the costumers.
  • Options

Political correctness should be the least of their worries, considering the fact that they can't even address their consumers formally.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    The fact that is almost two years and still we have no decent answer from EA/Maxis about toddlers is cruel and with the dismissive way non-happy feedback is treated, I see very little respect toward the costumers, or at least a very large preference toward a specific chunk of the costumers.

Exactly how I feel. I just want them to say SOMETHING.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    @alexandrea Look I am not getting into a row here, I just feel that this thread is little more than a 'rant thread' and with have a lot of them anyway
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 I understand that. You can create another thread or simply ignore my thread. Like I said, this thread isn't for those who are indifferent towards toddlers. I'm voicing my opinion. Lots of customers feel this way.
    p6tqefj
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top