Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ceiling Beams

LesamithLesamith Posts: 278 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello, fellow Simming friends. I've been playing the Sims since the first game was released when I was in high school. It, along with many other games, are a way for me to relieve the symptoms of my severe anxiety. However, I've been finding it pretty difficult to play the Sims 4 lately without getting really stressed out. You see, though I've spent countless hours playing the Sims and dictating their lives, I spend most of my time building and landscaping. I'm fascinated by creating different architectural builds that I find interesting or beautiful. These could be simple things like great big family homes, tidy modern houses, or tiny Victorian cottages. But, I've found myself growing more and more irritated with the limited amount of furnishing items and their limited amount of colors/styles. That alone, for someone with anxiety, can be very counter-productive...but I digress...

I've been toying with a new build for a minuscule Victorian cottage. One thing I thought would make this house interesting are beams of wood going across the ceiling. However, I'm finding this difficult. So far I've tried the Corbel by Corbelian wall structures...but as you can see in the pictures below, and please don't judge the state of the house because I've only just started building it, the clipping is a real problem.
30u5tep.png

2h87peb.png

My question for you all is what do you think about using the Corbel by Corbelian? Do you guys have any other tricks I could try? Are there objects that I haven't seen in the game that would work better? Honestly, I'm just trying not to use custom content or mods because I share my houses with my sister who doesn't like adding too many extra things to her game. Any insight or suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)
Post edited by Lesamith on

Comments