Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Ideas

Alelis0Alelis0 Posts: 52 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hello, Alelis0 here.

I'd really like to see an expansion pack dedicated to pets for the Sims 4 at some point. I hope that when it comes it'll bring all sorts of awesome stuff to play around with.

Cats and Dogs
In a Pets expansion pack, I would really like to see cats and dogs return and remain controllable by the player. I hope that these animals will be able to have jobs that can expand on the Get To Work expansion pack. For example, both cats and dogs can be used as therapy animals at the hospital. Dogs can be used by police officers to follow scents and track down criminals. I'm not sure how cats and dogs (or any animal, really) can be implemented in the science career safely (so as not to anger people who are sensitive about animal testing).
Without GW, it would still be nice to see animals grow famous as movie stars, security dogs or cats that make the villain's lap their throne (It would be really funny to send your cat off to sit on the lap of a criminal for a couple hours and make a couple bucks while doing so).

So when it comes to creating these animals, I hope players will be able to give them at least three traits, like sims. I have a couple of suggestions for traits and how these traits change the behavior of the animal.

"Pack Pup" // "Clan Cat" - So this is basically the animal version of 'Family Oriented' and means that the animal loves and is protective of its family (which would include sims alongside any offspring, should the relationship be good). So animals with the trait will want to have a litter at some point and spend a lot of their time paying attention to their babies as well as the babies and children of sims. It would be pretty cool if pets with this trait go around carrying and cuddling small stuffed animals in place of the offspring they may not have.
"Calm" - This is a trait that would work well with the therapy animal job. An animal with this trait would not be very loud or very energetic. They would prefer to relax and remain at the side of their owner. I think it'd be nice if these animals could hop on couch or beds and rest beside its owner, sort of in a comforting way. They could often seek out their sim if they find that that sim is becoming extremely emotional in a negative or dangerous way.
"Lively" - These animals like to be right in the action. They are incredibly playful and love to run around. Animals with this trait are much more energetic and run through their energy quickly. They typically like to swim, too. Dogs are able to join their sims on their jogs around the neighborhood. I think these animals would also wake up their owners in the middle of the night to play.
|| FOR SIMS || This may not be considered a trait, but I think it should be added. I would like it if some sims could be allergic to animals (or certain flowers or food). It would make the game interesting and make sims more unique.

So these are a couple of quick suggestions. I'll add more when I think of them. Feel free to leave suggestions.

Minor Pets
Alrighty, so I'm gonna guess that horses will not make a comeback in the Sims 4 (mainly because they had been used as a form of transportation in the Sims 3). I hope this means that Sims 4 can add onto the previous games by giving minor pets a bigger role. Animals like rabbits, ferrets or various birds should not be stuck in cages and should be given the option to roam freely around the lot. There should be cages that they can return to for food or sleep if necessary (and these cages should be able to be locked in case a sim with allergies comes to visit), but I hope that these animals could just be free to go wherever they want.
It would be even better if these animals could be controlled just as dogs and cats could be.
What do you guys think about minor pets?/i]

So, that's all I have for now. If I think of anything else, I will add it.
As of right now, this is what I would love to see in a Sims 4 Pets expansion pack.
Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on

Comments

• Options
    MeganRoseMeganRose Posts: 78 Member
    Yessss, I totally agree! There should totally be more minor pet options, and they should be customizable like cats and dogs. I also hope there will be more pet/pet interaction options, like how in real life cats lick each other clean and sleep in a circle together :) or dogs run around the yard playing together.