Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farm EP

Decided to start this topic (I know I got another topic going) in hopes that EA reads it and considers it. I think a lot of us would love a farm EP. So let's take a vote. How many of you want a farm EP and what would you like EA to do with it?

I'd want farm animals of course, growing crops, And I'd love there to be a farmers market where you could sell your stock.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love a farm EP. I hope Sims can ride horses and milk cows and goats and gather eggs and ride on a tractor and have a vineyard and have county fairs and other things.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    All of the above. :) An entire farm world/community would be amazing.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I would love a farm EP. I hope Sims can ride horses and milk cows and goats and gather eggs and ride on a tractor and have a vineyard and have county fairs and other things.

I'd love a fair they could go to. Kinda like Seasons on Sims 3.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention greenhouses and a sprinkler system too. It would be fun if Sims could shear sheep and llamas and knit with the wool from those. Pretty cool people can knit from llama and alpaca fiber. http://www.splitrockllamas.com/llama_and_alpaca_fiber.htm
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I have wanted this since TS1. I want the ability to grow and can fruits and vegetables. I want to make pies and jams. I want to sheer sheep, card, and spin the wool, and make product with it. I want a farmers market or fair to show quilts, pies, and animals. I want winning animals and products to have bonuses. I want to grow the biggest pumpkin in town, and bring home a ribbon I can display. I would love beekeeping and candle making. I would love to train dogs to herd sheep for competition, and keep them safe at night from animals like coyotes or fox. I'd love cats to keep the mice out of the corn and the snakes away from the chicken eggs. I want more country themed furniture and clothing.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    SlimerSlimer Posts: 116 Member
    The animals should produce more baby animals. Also should they be slaughtered for meat? Or just stick to the milk/eggs? They could always show the slaughter off screen. Like the pig goes in a room, sim comes out with meat.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention greenhouses and a sprinkler system too. It would be fun if Sims could shear sheep and llamas and knit with the wool from those. Pretty cool people can knit from llama and alpaca fiber. http://www.splitrockllamas.com/llama_and_alpaca_fiber.htm

I have a hat made of llama fur, with alpaca trim (I could not afford a full alpaca hat!) and I LOVE it! I would love llamas and alpacas in the game. I'd watch them llama bounce all day.
  • Options
    Slimer wrote: »
    The animals should produce more baby animals. Also should they be slaughtered for meat? Or just stick to the milk/eggs? They could always show the slaughter off screen. Like the pig goes in a room, sim comes out with meat.

I suppose you could 'send them to market' and get the meat for it. The better you feed them and treat them, the better quality the meat will be. Or if they have won at the fair, as well.
  • Options
    I don't think they would allow the slaughtering to happen to keep it teen rated. I mean if they do, it would have to be done in a toned down way. Also tags @luthienrising and @Cinderellimouse about this thread.
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    Slimer wrote: »

I wouldn't like the idea of slaughter but each there own.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I cobbled one together from the various TS3 store sets and from playing this, I would love an EP that ties it all together well.
    I used it to grow crops for their nectar making business. It was great.
    Screenshot-402.jpg

Screenshot-399.jpg

Screenshot-446.jpg

Screenshot-448.jpg

Screenshot-462.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Yeah the Sims 3 Store did have a lot of cool farm objects. I hope that farm animals aren't tied to objects though for the Sims 4.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    Grandpa's farm! Yes! Love it. Especially the baby chicks. Too Cute and funny playing with them.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    It makes me sad when they throw threads to dead sections of the forums so they go away. :(
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Also tags @luthienrising and @Cinderellimouse about this thread.

Yes! I'd love to see a farming expansion. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Also tags @luthienrising and @Cinderellimouse about this thread.

*waves hi*

I want farms :)

Also, a country fair. And roadside vegetable stands. And hayrides. And preserving.
    Piperbird wrote: »
    It makes me sad when they throw threads to dead sections of the forums so they go away. :(

I wouldn't worry about it! The right group of staff probably read this section but not others.

And in case they want more reading about the awesomeness of farms... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/784237/ep-idea-the-rural-life/p1
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yeah the Sims 3 Store did have a lot of cool farm objects. I hope that farm animals aren't tied to objects though for the Sims 4.

Those are what got me realizing that farms in this game could be super awesome.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I would love a farm in my game. I want the kids to be involved in it as much as possible like milking cows, collecting eggs and just in general helping out with it. Chores.

I used some of @Cinderellimouse 's cc and it looks great in the game.

04-11-16_3-20-00nbspPM_zpshxfxkz9a.png

04-19-16_9-32-37nbspPM_zpsdfsdtpx3.png

I'd also like the option of home schooling with the farm pack.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    My personal wishlist for a Farm EP :
    - A more rural world (big and emptier than the current worlds)
    - Gardening expanded with new fruits and vegetables, and new objects to help with the tending (greenhouse, sprinkler, etc)
    - Animal products like eggs, honey, milk or wool you can use or sell
    - Market to sell and buy farm products
    - Some kind of animal breeding, even if you just sell the animals to the market for money, like TS2 pets

It could complement a Season or Pets EP quite nicely too !
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    The farm animals aren't my CC. I use them too though, I think some of them are from Oh My Sims? I lost all my links with an update so I don't have them handy. :-(

Honestly, this would be my favourite expansion! I love having sims provide their own produce and I'm a sucker for gardening and new ingredients. Also, anything crafty! So jam and nectar making are two of my top sim items ever! It's really good for historical players as well. I hope they do this at some point!
  • Options
    Vampirefizz19Vampirefizz19 Posts: 38 Member
    OMG id love this i really enjoyed the store content in sims 3, lets hope they do something with it!