Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black Pets In Relationship Icon?

Hey there,

As I been trying to find anyone that has the same bug as me as mines seems to be not so common. I do see people having black pets on their fur but my sims have pets with colourful fur on their live mode but in the relationship panel, the pet turns out to be black. It is completely random as some of the pets are black with the outline of the pet the in relationship panel and some of them you can see them in colour.

Does anyone understand what happened with this?

Mods I have -
-NRAAS story progession, overwatch, errortrap, debug enabler.

Graphics Card
Radeon R5 230M 2GB Dedicated.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    When a full pet appears all black (not just happening to have black fur, I mean black-skinned and just looking wrong), it means that your graphics card is choking on it being rendered properly. Thumbnails are formed by taking snapshots of a sim at a precise moment in time. It sounds like occasionally the game is grabbing those screenshots at unfortunate times when those pets are not rendered well, even when they are at the time off-screen.

Your graphics card is going to be kind of iffy on the Pets EP in general. If this is the worst problem that it produces, that would actually be a good thing.

I don't think you can really force an R5 series card to perform better other than making sure its drivers are up to date and that the game is actually recognizing it. On the latter, if you use a text editor like Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac) to open the file called DeviceConfig.log in your TS3 game folder (in Documents), does it show that the R5 is being used by the game and do you see a line somewhat near the beginning under Graphic Device Info that says "Found:1, Matched:1" or does it say something else there?

As for in-game, you might try bringing one of those pets into CAS and changing one small thing about them to see if that help generate a better thumbnail.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @igazor

Thanks for the help, the pets in general on the live mode, I can see them very well with their colourful mode but its just the icon when the sim that had a relationship with the pet in the relationship panel is completely black. For some reason i just restarted my game with the same saved file that I have this bug and it appears normally. It maybe due to me deleting the cache files :S
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I just googled this because I was also having this issue and found that if I moved my pet with a Sim out of the household, then back in, it corrected the issue!