Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Having Trouble With the Cheats Menu :\

Beck1590Beck1590 Posts: 145 Member
edited April 2016 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
Sigh let me preface this by saying I don't usually use cheats so this may be a problem of my own cause and not something that's actually a problem, but I sure hope you can help me fix it!

So my sim just had twin daughters.. but I want to be able to change their favorite colors and music types and stuff which means I need to get into full CAS mode.

When I use the Kaching cheat it works just fine.. I go CMD + Shift + C and it pops rght up I type in Kaching and the blue box goes away and it gives me the 1k (the only other cheat I use)

However.. when I try to what I've read about to get into CAS mode it doesn't work...

CMD + Shift + C - Blue box pops up

Type in testingcheatsenabledtrue and hit enter and it tells me it's an unknown command. And the blue box doesn't go away. Further if I hit Escape and close out of it and open the cheats box again to put in cas.fulleditmode it also says that's an unknown command. I've taken a screencap so you can see what I'm seeing.

Could someone please help. (If it makes a difference I'm on a Mac.. but Mac and windows basically work the same for cheats I believe except you use CMD instead of CTRL which is why I didn't put this in the Mac forum. I think it's more of a technical issue or an idiocy issue i.e. me = idiot at times.

Clicky For Image

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    make sure there is a space between enabled and true... such as testingcheatsenabled true not testingcheatsenabledtrue.

Then you should just have to shift + Click the sim and edit in CAS. (cas.fulleditmode is for Sims 4, yes?)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Beck1590Beck1590 Posts: 145 Member
    @ChelleJo THANK YOU! I was sure it was something silly I was doing wrong. It appears that cas.fulleditmode is indeed a sims 4 thing. At first when I shift + Clicked on the baby it didn't bring up the option but when I did it to the mom it did and it occurred to me that you can't make a baby sim in CAS. Only Toddler or above which is why it would give me the "edit in CAS" for the mom character, but not for Sydney or Kylie. So Thankfully after they turn into toddlers I'll be able to edit them :D