Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We have to give Maxis all of our money so they can make Toddlers and Pets!

If you don't have every TS4 pack yet, go buy them all now! :)

Comments

• Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I'd get that in writing before you commit. lol
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    Even if everyone did buy all ep's, gps' and sp's doesn't mean that they will make toddlers or pets.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2016
    Why? Toddlers and pets or the future Sims games didn't get ransomed in the past. Why do they have to now? The Sims are a triple A game, not a kickstarter game. They aren't some charity to feel sorry for. EA is one of the biggest gaming corporations in the world. Funding packs doesn't ensure the development of anything. There is a less than two week notice with packs and patches anyway, so it would be like playing the game Russian Roulette. I'm not a gambler, so I will not gamble. Simmers did that with the Sims 3 and we all know how that turned out. :/ That money didn't go back into funding the Sims 4 obviously.

I've actually never been a buy all packs collector type of Simmer. I tend to buy what I like, so for now I plan on saving up for Sims 1 remaining packs and maybe the Sims Medieval instead.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Lemme think on this. NO. We do not "have" to do that.....but you want people to have all the EPS/GPS and SPS so badly I'm sure no one will complain if you buy them for them (if we can even do that.). To EA/Maxis, money is money.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    What. OP please relax.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes! Yes! Thanks so much, OP for opening my eyes. ;)
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Nah. I only buy the ones I'll actually use. That way I save money and space.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

LOL
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member

tumblr_inline_ncom0l8VW61s0l7fe.gif

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    [img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/clapping-crowd-applause.gif[/img]

Body is 5 characters too short.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Dang. You didn't just drink the Kool-Aid. You went snorkeling in it. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yes! Yes! Thanks so much, OP for opening my eyes. ;)

Looks like you got one closed there, @Rflong7.

Oh! That's a #sarcasmwink! #literalpost
    Post edited by ENolan on
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    They can have my money only after I feel they deserve it. When I see real progress on the biggest issues and a game that is entertaining for me.

EA are not a charity and judging by what they have said about sims always selling I bet it came as a surprise that some sims addicts (I'm a collector and bought everything since the first game) stopped buying. Well good-they need to start really showing appreciation for their customers and not just take it for granted that we love the series and will buy no matter what.

They had enough good faith from customers when we bought despite issues. They need to start looking at making sure they give a good experience in return and live up to those early blog posts to persuade us to stand by them.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Well alrighty then. I was just waiting for someone to ask.
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2016

Okay, so I'm going to assume you're under the age of 12 years old...here's the thing: toddlers and pets have never been confirmed to even be in development or future development. It's all speculation. And it's not the fact of money, because EA/Mxis has a butt load of money at their disposal. It's the fact of the game engine, it's capabilities, and the marketing capabilities of what new content will be created.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    You can give them all your money so they can make toddlers and pets but I'd wait until they actually make them because if you give them all your money now you won't be able to buy them when they're made. So that'll be a hole I wouldn't want to dig lol.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Pretty sure the OP is trolling.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    [IMG]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/images/consuela/no-no.jpg[/IMG]

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Nice troll thread you have here. It would be a shame if something happened to it. ;)o:)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    Nice troll thread you have here. It would be a shame if something happened to it. ;)o:)

lol that didn't sound creepy at all, it's like something off of a killer movie :D
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I think I probably gave them plenty buying everything from TS1, TS2, and TS3, and some MySims and MySimsAnimals games.

I also think I am probably done giving them money.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yeah I only buy the packs I will want to use most for building and what not, I am sure things will come in time, even if everyone did buy everything they still need to spend weeks/months time on making things in general, so it is not like a vending machine where you pay it and it gives you a thing with the touch of a button :P
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top