Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

febuary 4th update

so i was trying to update all last night before getting frustrated with origin for continuing to fail but it finally finished today but now that the update is complete i cant play the game? like i cant press play and the game cover is faded out like if i already had the game open. if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    cal4891cal4891 Posts: 2 New Member
    Same thing happened to me what worked was temporarily moving the Sims 4 folder to the desktop then I was able thru Origin to right click and "repair game" while it was repairing I moved the Sims 4 folder back in its place. This forum post helped me out: - THE SIMS 4 HELP, TROUBLESHOOTING & BUG THREAD -
  • Options
    hayleymckayhayleymckay Posts: 12 New Member
    thanks for responding. i wish i could have seen it sooner cause i thought "maybe i should just uninstall origin and reinstall" but now im trying to redownload the game and its stuck at 0% and the only way i get it to move is to force quit origin before it gives up on me again :/
  • Options
    cal4891cal4891 Posts: 2 New Member
    Your welcome!! Thats what I did too.. I actually re-downloaded it that might have been what helped but I think the "repair game" option is what really did it. Idk I'm no tech guru this was just me scrambling to find a quick fix lol!! I was desperate to escape and play this morning I needed to find a way lol
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    My game is no longer working either, but I can’t tell if it’s because of the patch (I don’t think so) or the Mac update I installed last night. My play button is grayed out too. Hoping repairing the game will work.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Nope. Didn’t work.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    i still have no resolution either. i've uninstalled origin and completley wiped every trace of it from my computer and reinstalled and it literally made no difference. i've been trying to re download my game for 3 days and i'm so fed up with this. every time i try to download it, it goes up like one percent, if i'm lucky, then i watch the network speed drop all the way down to 0 before force qutting origin and repeating the process over again.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Try pausing the download and restarting the download again.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    if i pause the download it wont allow me to restart it unless i force quit origin
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    That's odd. Did you try restarting your Mac?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.