Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Propose to Go Steady" Not showing up

So, my sim has the heartbreaker lifetime wish, and I want him to be a cheater as well. (Heh heh...) Well, he's already a boyfriend to one sim, but the "Propose to go steady" option isn't coming up for anyone else. I try everything (i.e. try for baby, woohoo, make out, etc), but it doesn't come up. I know the existing girlfriend isn't the problem, because my main sim has like 5 husbands xD. I've tried this with many other sims with the male sim, but still the option doesn't come up. Why isn't it coming up?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I thought sims couldn't have more than one committed relationship at a time (steady/engaged/married). I'm currently playing a sim with the Heartbreaker LTW and I always have him break up with his current steady before attempting a new one. He's looking for number 7 now.

Anyways, I'm surprised your main sim has 5 husband at the same time (which you seem to be implying). I didn't think that was possible.

I bookmarked this thread. I'm interested in what others have to say.
  • Options
    HoneyHaninozukaHoneyHaninozuka Posts: 68 Member
    > @TreyNutz said:
    > I thought sims couldn't have more than one committed relationship at a time (steady/engaged/married). I'm currently playing a sim with the Heartbreaker LTW and I always have him break up with his current steady before attempting a new one. He's looking for number 7 now.
    >
    > Anyways, I'm surprised your main sim has 5 husband at the same time (which you seem to be implying). I didn't think that was possible.
    >
    > I bookmarked this thread. I'm interested in what others have to say.

Yeap, I'm so happy it is xD I've never had any problem with having more than one relationships, but this one is just not working for me <.>
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2015
    Not sure how you have accomplished what you are describing. The game allows one partner per sim. A "partner" is defined as steady or higher (so that includes fiances and spouses). A sim can have as many Romantic Interests as they like, but they may not have 5 husbands at the same time, even with mods, which is why you are not seeing that romantic option.

And of course for every rule, there are exceptions. Here they are in this case:

-- A sim can actually have a different partner in each foreign world provided that worlds do not collide. That is, the partners are never in the same world with your sim at the same time. The game never really sees them as multiple partners because you can only play one world actively at a time.

-- If you have Uni, there is an odd benefit to very high Social Networking skill called the Relationship Transmogrophier that allows a sim with that skill at Level 10 to assign different romantic partners to those who already have one. There has been some debate over whether the instability of those relationships that follows is an unintended bug brought about by sloppy programming and not paying attention to the fact that each sim has one and only one current partner field in their digital makeup, or if such was really intended. But those varied partnerships are not going to last or be very successful.

-- The same can be said about a few odd scenarios provided by Generations such as proms and certain photo booths -- sims can actually emerge from those scenarios with more than one partner temporarily. But again, those polyamorous relationships are not going to last for long.

The intended way to achieve that LTW is to have different partners one after the other, not all at the same time.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    HoneyHaninozukaHoneyHaninozuka Posts: 68 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > Not sure how you have accomplished what you are describing. The game allows one partner per sim. A "partner" is defined as steady or higher (so that includes fiances and spouses). A sim can have as many Romantic Interests as they like, but they may not have 5 husbands at the same time, even with mods, which is why you are not seeing that romantic option.
    >
    > And of course for every rule, there are exceptions. Here they are in this case:
    >
    > -- A sim can actually have a different partner in each foreign world provided that worlds do not collide. That is, the partners are never in the same world with your sim at the same time. The game never really sees them as multiple partners because you can only play one world actively at a time.
    >
    > -- If you have Uni, there is an odd benefit to very high Social Networking skill called the Relationship Transmogrophier that allows a sim with that skill at Level 10 to assign different romantic partners to those who already have one. There has been some debate over whether the instability of those relationships that follows is an unintended bug brought about by sloppy programming and not paying attention to the fact that each sim has one and only one current partner field in their digital makeup, or if such was really intended. But those varied partnerships are not going to last or be very successful.
    >
    > -- The same can be said about a few odd scenarios provided by Generations such as proms and certain photo booths -- sims can actually emerge from those scenarios with more than one partner temporarily. But again, those polyamorous relationships are not going to last for long.
    >
    > The intended way to achieve that LTW is to have different partners one after the other, not all at the same time.

Well, if that's true, that's also very strange xD Not sure how that happened. Thanks bunches!
  • Options
    MaryJanesFlower912MaryJanesFlower912 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have Sims 3 on Xbox 360 & I have a male sim (Royalty) & his LTW is to be a heartbreaker. He has had 1 girlfriend & while going with her he's had 1 kid by a romantic interest. Since then I've broken up with her & I've gotten my romantic interest pregnant again. The relationship bar is full but I don't see the option to propose going steady. HELPPPP!!!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have Sims 3 on Xbox 360 & I have a male sim (Royalty) & his LTW is to be a heartbreaker. He has had 1 girlfriend & while going with her he's had 1 kid by a romantic interest. Since then I've broken up with her & I've gotten my romantic interest pregnant again. The relationship bar is full but I don't see the option to propose going steady. HELPPPP!!!
    I'm afraid that these forum boards are for computer version of the game (Windows/Mac). The console versions are very different; we wouldn't know if the Ask to Just Be Friends social interaction or the Clean Slate LTR purchasable by way of Happiness points (does the console version even have these Rewards?) strategies would work the same way.

It's possible that a fellow Xbox player will see this question and offer some advice, but we don't see very many of those on here. As far as I know, there isn't a current help type forum for any of the console TS3 versions and hasn't been for a very long time but it would be great if someone reports otherwise as well.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net