Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pros and Cons About Jobs

Aljar24Aljar24 Posts: 1 New Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims (2000)
I want to know... what are the pros and cons about jobs in the sims

Because I was playing Sims 1 and I chose Life of Crime as a job and they told me that in crashed an ice cream truck and I had to pay 2000 simoleons for it. Does any other jobs in the sims make you pay money for mistakes that they make at work
Post edited by Aljar24 on

Comments

• Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    Nope, in TS2 if you make a wrong choice on a chance card you can (off the top of my head, it's been a long time since I've played) risk losing a skill point, getting demoted or even fired. You don't lose any money from making a mistake at work.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

They can loose money from a wrong choice on a Chance card in TS2. :)

http://snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=careercards01
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Nope, in TS2 if you make a wrong choice on a chance card you can (off the top of my head, it's been a long time since I've played) risk losing a skill point, getting demoted or even fired. You don't lose any money from making a mistake at work.

Yes I believe you can be docked a days pay, or even more.
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    You can lose money through the chance cards, but you can ignore them if you don't want to risk it.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    You can also lose your job. Had that happen to one poor fellow the other day from a bad choice on a chance card. He had a fear of losing his job and went into aspiration failure.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I just ignore chance cards. But I keep them around because I like to read the scenarios, but after I'm done I just press ignore.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    Probably depends on the actual job what the penalty can be. Demoted or fired is usually the harshest I've gotten. I only just started playing ts2 again, so I don't remember. But my first chance card got me demoted! yay me