Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laggy Town

I've got to put this out there for everyone who wants to live in Bridgeport. The game has apartments in there and I think the game usually tries to put as many homeless Sims in there as possible so just remember that if your game is ever laggy. At least, that's what happened when I had apartments in another town.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    When it comes to those tall apartment shells, I don't care for them one bit. Usually (about 75% of the time) I'll have my sim living in a regular house, and I always notice a huge difference when it comes to the lag. Bridgeport is only my favorite town only because of the sims who live there. I keep telling myself that I am going to move them to another world, but laziness kicks in and I haven't gotten around to it yet. About as far as I have gotten on this project of mine is so far I have saved every single one of those sims to my CAS library.
  • Options
    InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    Yup, don't live in a highrise unless you want lag. Bridgeport has plenty of them. If/when I play in that town one of the first things I do is bulldoze one of the lux houses across the bridge. Once my Sim has earned enough to move, I move to that lot and build the house the way I want it....ground level. One of the naggers about that, however, is that my Sim will often have wishes to move into a highrise. And those may be of high reward points. Ugh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    vebbra99vebbra99 Posts: 93 Member
    Bridgeport is my favorite town, but I can do nothing but to agree. I was hoping to find tips on how to decrease the lag a little. So far i got:
    - No MoveObjects or similars.
    - Get a house, not an apartment.
    - Travel less (unless this ruins thr game for you)
    - Anyone else?

My game lagged like crazy last week, but then I remembered that my sim still owned his bachelor apartment, even after moving into his new house. Selling that one fixed a lot.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    Get the mods "Overwatch" and "ErrorTrap" from NRAAS.They will help fix the lag. Most lag issues are caused by stuck Sims. In Bridgeport they get stuck in elevators a lot. Also the town spawns taxis and limos like you wouldn't believe. I have had times when the above mentioned mods have cleaned up 3,000 (yes THOUSAND) cars.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Delete all public room marker in every pent houses, and it won't allow any homeless sims gather into it. It will reduce lags a lot.