Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a world never worked for me.

I don't understand it and never could get it to work for me.

Comments

• Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    Sorry to hear that. It had taken me a long time to get the hang of it. Finally I printed out the guide and started trying out different things. It took about 6 months for me to figure out how to make a water fall.
    It isn't an easy tool, but if you can get it to load, it's worth it. I do suggest youtube tutorials, I found them really helpful.
    I hope that it eventually works for you! In the meantime, (if you're new to the game) if you look for worlds in the exchange, and search using favorites, all time, you will find some fantastic worlds that some really talented people made over the years.
  • Options
    JennaDaCapoJennaDaCapo Posts: 190 Member
    There are a lot of very useful tutorials that can help you. It took me awhile to get the hang of Create A World too, especially with bridges. When building bridges and roads, and placing lots, turning the grid on is a must, as well as having objects snap to grid.

For example, when building bridges, you have to build the bridge FIRST, and THEN dig the river or other body of water. Especially when building multi-segmented bridges. Some bridge types are very short, but they connect very well when the grid and snap to grid is turned on.

When placing lots, also use the grid and snap to. When drawing out the length and width, watch the numbers in the bottom right corner - that way you can make lots that will fit the buildings you want to place.
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I had trouble with it loading and could never get the hang of it, but I also had a whole store worth of content in addition to all the packs and content. I don't think CAW was designed to run smoothly with that much content.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    AriesSalvationAriesSalvation Posts: 143 Member
    mooredt21 wrote: »
    I had trouble with it loading and could never get the hang of it, but I also had a whole store worth of content in addition to all the packs and content. I don't think CAW was designed to run smoothly with that much content.

Yes, I also had a problem with it loading.