Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I make it Autumn always?

I don't have seasons yet. Do you have the ability to make it stay one season as long as you want?

Comments

• Options
    MACRONAUTMACRONAUT Posts: 200 Member
    You can switch off seasons, however that also removes the holiday day that goes with it, so no winter, no Christmas. An alternative is to make the other seasons shorter, since you can adjust how many days each season is.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited July 2015
    Like Macronaut said, yes you can. You can customize your seasonal experience as it were. You can set which seasons you want, the length of each, and the weather you want.
    For example, I have all seasons on in most worlds. I have spring, summer, and winter set at 14 days long and autumn set at 7 days. I have rain, snow and fog on and hail turned off.
    In Lucky Palms I have only summer on with the weather (rain, snow, fog, hail) off.
    In Lunar Lakes I only have winter turned on with only snow and fog checked.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I tend to play a save a long, long time, like they match up with the real time seasons, so I keep my game locked on one season. Works fine! :)
  • Options
    AriesSalvationAriesSalvation Posts: 143 Member
    can I choose to have winter, but skip Christmas?
  • Options
    You can't shut holidays off, but you can easily ignore them. The game marks the date with a red circle on your days of the week counter, and a popup will tell you it's the holiday, but you don't have to do anything. The only time your Sim pays attention on their own to a holiday is on leisure day (the summer one). They will want to lay around a lot and they get the day off work. They often roll the want to have a pool party too. But I haven't noticed that they react to any of the other holidays on their own. There's a festival for each season too, but you could delete the festival lot if you felt so inclined. The holidays are spooky day, snowflake day, love day, and leisure day.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    can I choose to have winter, but skip Christmas?

As long as you don't let Aslan into your game...

Sorry for the geeky Narnia reference... I do think that if you always have winter on and no other seasons, you won't have Snow Day, because that would be celebrated an x-number of days before the end of the season.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Regardless of how many seasons you have, they cycle through from day 1-28 or wherever you have it set and then start over. The holiday is celebrated the last Friday of the cycle or the last day of the cycle depending on how your lengths are set.
  • Options
    FloridaSimmerFloridaSimmer Posts: 358 Member
    You can edit the settings, Very easy!
    Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif