Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just for venting/ ranting

SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
edited February 2016 in Off Topic Chat
This thread is for people who need to get things off their chest, but please, KEEP IT ACCORDING TO THE FORUM RULES! Do no hate on other simmers, do not expose real-life details that you wouldn't share with some stranger off the street, and please do not spam. If you disagree with somebody's comment/ argument, please disagree respectfully. If the argument takes up half a page or more, I will most likely intervene to prevent the thread from being taken over by one particular topic. If you do not wish to follow these rules, then please don't comment here. And please, no hating on any celebrity. I don't want anybody to get in trouble on here...

Now that that's settled, this thread is so people can just talk about anything that's bugging them, and quite possibly get support from other simmers. People are posting their personal opinions here, so please be respectful. I didn't see any other thread like this after a quick search, but I could have missed something. I don't believe that a thread like this would be against the rules since we're not exactly hating on any specific person...

For example, something that bugs me is when people bash down on h.o.m.o.s.e.x.u.a.l.s for no reason other than their personal preferences being different. I find nothing wrong with them, and even support them. They can do a lot for a community - they would adopt children that need a home since they can't necessarily have kids of their own together, they support one another and everybody else, and they are a hell of a lot kinder (normally). That's just some of many things. I think that they should be allowed to get married. I will (and have numerous times) stand up for them when others hate on them. Half the time, I find people who are g.a.y to be twice as much fun as those who are straight. Also, gay people are still people and should be allowed to have the same rights as straight people lest it become discrimination. They should be able to experience things such as marriage, which is a human right. Plus, some ancient cultures viewed highly of h.o.m.o.s.e.x.u.a.l.i.t.y. before Christianity came along. There are so many facts out there that show that it is NOT a bad thing!

It also bugs me when people think that just because somebody's different, that means they are a bad person. You're human. I'm human. They're human. Can't we all just get along? If you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. Why can't people see that? I mean, seriously. So what if they're black or white? So what is they're Asian or Mexican? So what if I'm goth and you're popular? So what if you have a criminal record? People can change. I mean, I've changed dramatically. So what if you're republican and he's democratic? So what if you're a Christian and I'm an Atheist and she's a Muslim? Not all Christians hang people up on crosses, not all Atheists practice witchcraft, and not all Muslims are terrorists! We put stereotypes on others to make us afraid of them. So what if he has tattoos and is balding? We think all people who listen to hardcore speed metal are dangerous, but they're not. I'm not exactly a perfect child here, but I try.

(BTW, even if somebody mentioned it before, you can still put your opinion about it...)
~Open your mind before your mouth~
Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
Post edited by SilentWolf101 on

Comments

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Great thread, thank you for creating it. :)
  • Options
    @Clarkie100 You're welcome. I hope simmers get some use out of it. :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    mean people should just snap out of it!
  • Options
    @Hephaestion Agreed!
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Hey this is a good idea. I can come here whenever Sims annoy me and together we can all plot way to kill 'em off. >:)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @friendlyone20 Yes! That is a great idea!
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @SilentWolf101, Good timing. I just hung up on one of those calls. You're going about your busy day and someone somewhere is picking up that phone to bug the buggers out of you. Door and window installers, etc.... If I wan't to buy new windows and doors I would be the one looking for them. I won't be buying windows and doors from some guy who asks me over the phone if I'm the owner of the home.
  • Options
    @cristill13 Another thing about people who call over the phone is during election day, when people call to get you to vote or whatever. That annoys the crud out of me - I'll vote for who I want (When I get the ability to vote)! Don't tell me how to vote and who to vote for! I'm not going to assign myself to a party!
  • Options
    I'm with you on that one.
  • Options
    I could go on and on about things that annoy me, but I'll let other people share of their things first...
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    cristill13 wrote: »
    @SilentWolf101, Good timing. I just hung up on one of those calls. You're going about your busy day and someone somewhere is picking up that phone to bug the buggers out of you. Door and window installers, etc.... If I wan't to buy new windows and doors I would be the one looking for them. I won't be buying windows and doors from some guy who asks me over the phone if I'm the owner of the home.

Ugh, telemarketers are the worst. Where I used to live, people every day were calling my grandmother trying to tell her she is under investigation by the FBI and needs to send money via Western Union to get them to go away. First off, the FBI doesn't call you when you are under investigation. LOL and Second of all, the number was a Jamaican number. Why would they be calling from Jamaica if the FBI, which is the domestic security system of the UNITED STATES, is investigating? Jamaica isn't even a territory of the United States. Now it would make more sense if they were calling scams in from Puerto Rico which IS a territory but still the FBI doesn't call people if they are under investigation. But unfortunately people fall for these scams.

It feels so good to hang up on those people.
  • Options
    @friendlyone20, It's true. Some people are sucked into these scams. We had to have a talk with my mother-in-law. She is very gullible.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Nice idea.

I agree on just judging people. Like whatever, let's just be nice to each other. People are entitled to their opinion, they're entitled to not support same sex marriage and whatever. It does not excuse treating another person poorly. I don't agree with people who don't support same sex marriage, but I still treat them with respect. I could just treat them like they treat same sex couples because I don't agree with their beliefs, it's exactly what they do (meaning of course the ones who do treat others badly, I do realize some people who don't support it can still be civilized human beings) but I'm better than that.

And appearances, some of the meanest looking people I've ever met (like the tattooed biker types and whatever) are actually the sweetest. I used to know a lady she honestly did look a bit scary in her fashion choices, and everybody judged her so much for it but she was honestly such a sweet person. I hated all the things people said behind her back, some from people I had respected a lot. She can wear what she wants, she probably found our fashion choices unattractive like we found hers. But she was beautiful where it mattered, in her heart. I always loved when I saw her, and would gladly talk to her instead of hiding in a corner talking about her. People are just so awful sometimes. They'd probably be angry and hurt if people judged them the way they judge others too, but they just don't care. I only judge people based on how they act to others. Act like a jerk to others, expect the same from me, otherwise you be you and I'll treat you nicely.

I saw a post on tumblr earlier I kind of want to find it now... I dunno if I can though. I really liked it a lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    LOL, yeah tumblr's just like "lol no" right now, it won't even let me try to find it.

Update: found it
    tumblr_npwqyhhofm1sqx8y7o1_540.jpg

Just apply that to people in general not just the struggles in their life, but all the stuff talked about in here about gender preferences, appearance whatever. Like that's the way it should be interpreted imo, but it may be open to different interpretations. And remember a human life is worth more than simply being alive, it's having the same rights as everybody else. Being treated respectfully like everybody else. I really like that post and this made me think of it. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Thanks for making this thread. :)

I don't have much to get off my chest right now, but I did see like seven cars run a red light on the way home, and one guy whose right of way it was bashing his steering wheel like a caveman and screaming a single swear out the window with Star Trek 2 Kirk-like ferocity. I wish my city wasn't so hostile / bad at driving.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    i hate everbody
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This is a great idea.
    I've been having issues with horrible weather because it's gotten very hot and sunny lately.134.gif148.gif
    I really want to get cooler and rainy weather for a change.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson, I'll take some of your hot weather if you take some of my wet cool weather. Deal or no deal.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @cristill13 -I'd love to trade with you because I hate getting sunburns and it's way too hot for me.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @friendlyone20 I hate telephone scams and email scams and every kind of scam like that. If it's not from something or somebody I know, I immediately delete it and never look back.
    @dreamerz13 I love that picture - it explains exactly how I feel.
    @Archivist I agree, people should be a little more calm when driving. I'm kind of afraid of angry drivers, especially when they're right next to me.
    @TadOlson It's been raining for the past week here - I'll give you some of my rain. XD Actually, that might be a bad idea - we've been in a drought for the past few years, so we kind of need the rain...
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited June 2015
    Nice threat. :D
    Just sharing a story-of-my-life. I don't know why but everything I read/hear/watch is a sign of rudeness. I often overthink like that. Like, "i help you and you didn't thank me??"; "hey, last time at the mall i saw you and call for you but you acted like you didnt know me"; or "are you still listening to me??" or stuff like that. I just can't help it and whenever I see that rudeness I usually overreacted, making a big fuss out of nothing. :(
  • Options
    @EsnesNommoc It bugs me when people don't say thank you after I did something for them. I mean, I don't expect a whole flower bouquet and an orchestra, but a simple thank you after I held the door open for you would be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    @EsnesNommoc It bugs me when people don't say thank you after I did something for them. I mean, I don't expect a whole flower bouquet and an orchestra, but a simple thank you after I held the door open for you would be very much appreciated.

Agree. :3
  • Options
    @EsnesNommoc The only thing is, I don't say anything about it. I just glare instead. But, I guess I'm kind of a hypocrite because if I'm mad at a family member and they hold the door open for me, I might mutter a thanks if that. Otherwise, I'll always say thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh my rant, rude people. Like the other day I was at the store, and it was busy and people were being rude and annoying, like the same ladies rammed a cart into me twice because they just weren't paying attention. People would like block the whole width of the aisle with their carts and not moved when I asked, or spent several minutes just staring at one item on the shelf, in my way, and refused to move. I decided it was useless to shop there, I'd go to a quieter location. So I was putting my basket back before leaving and this lady comes charging through the door I was just about to cross in front of to get to the exit so I kind of held back so I didn't get hit with a cart (again). She didn't use any manners of any kind, and I'm kind of a jerk (more forum appropriate term than I'd usually use) sometimes and people who don't use manners annoy me, so I shouted out "EXCUSE YOU! YOU'RE WELCOME!" (I don't do this to everybody who doesn't use manners just the ones who are pushy jerks). As I was doing so she turns to get in the way of the exit too, then after she starts moving she gives me the dirtiest look you've ever seen and mutters under her breath, I'm assuming at/about me. My response to that is not forum appropriate, I was way too fed up for her nonsense. But like seriously, you could have simply said "Excuse me." "thank-you" or "sorry" it's literally like a second to say and I would have been cool with that, or even just give me a nod or a smile I count those as close enough to thanks. But no you're going to be ignorant and rude and practically shove people out of the way. Don't be mad at me because I don't want to put up with your bad attitude, just fix your attitude if you don't want to be called out on it.

But like I'm Canada and I fail to see why people think we're so polite. Though I guess maybe it's just worse because I'm in a big city. Most people here not only have no manners, but will dare to give you dirty looks or yell at you because you happen to be in the same aisle at the store as them, even when you move out of the way for them (and without shouting at them like I did to the lady the other day). Like how dare any of the rest of us act like nice people. Just learn your manners people, if you don't have 1 second to use them you have a problem. We're in a busy society where people are often rushed and stressed, but that's no excuse to be such a jerk to people. If people used manners a little more, the world would be a little better. I literally get so happy if I hear "Excuse me" or "thank-you" even once in a day because it's so rare, but seriously if they were common again it would just make people's days brighter. I think I even thanked people for using their manners before just because it was such a nice change (and I'm overly Canadian XD)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top