Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Willow Creek Orphanage story

Green_OliveGreen_Olive Posts: 54 Member
Hello there!

I used to play the Sims 3 but I'm new to The Sims 4 and have been wanting to start a story as I play around with my new games. So I decided to start an Orphanage story, covering the daily life in the Willow Creek Orphanage - I'm letting the children on free will so that fun, spontaneous things happen! (I just tell them to do their homework so they're not taken away :p )
This isn't really a plotted story, but more of a day-to-day coverage of life in the Orphanage.

I was hoping to share my stories with other simmers, so I started this blog for my Sims 4 creations. I hope you enjoy my story!

Check it out at www.greenolivesims4.blogspot.com

edit: The first few chapters are out! I will be posting more as I write them.
Post edited by Green_Olive on

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, this is great! I'm doing an orphanage story, too--though I don't have the kids fully autonomous in mine. I really like your style of storytelling and your photos are fantastic! Such great kids, too! Thanks for sharing!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Yayy, thanks so much! I'll have to check out your story sometime then!

I decided to do the free will thing to make it more fun to play without having to think of a plot all the time - a little less pressure! When I played the sims 3 I always tried to start a bunch of stories but I never continued/finished them, because I felt like I didn't know where to go with the story. This way, I'm having quite a bit of fun discovering everything in the game and just playing.

Thanks for reading and for the comments, I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Mine's called the "Emerson Institute"--it's listed under the "Other Stories" tab at my blog. The woman who runs the orphanage finished "The Room" challenge before opening the orphanage (that story is called "Walden Once More"), and the mansion that she built to complete Mansion Baron is the orphanage!

I'm playing an Ultimate University Challenge, too, which is a lot like the way you're playing the orphanage, in that I only control one student and all the rest are autonomous. I really love that aspect of the game--I bet yours is so much fun to play!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Yeah, you actually get to play the game, like this. Sometimes, when you're just focusing on the story, you end up worrying about posing the sims to fit the plot and don't actually play the game, which ends up being a task instead of fun.

I just read the first chapter and your writing is awesome! Dalton sounds like a really sweet kid as well. Love his glasses!
    I laughed when I read the part about having to adopt the kids and it being a formality, I totally thought that was a bummer as well. But I just opted to randomize their last names so when they grow up and leave the house it's like they're all from different families (of course they'll still be siblings, but oh well!)
  • Options
    Chapter 3 is out and I made a character page! Check it out :)
  • Options
    Update! :) Chapter 4 is out!
  • Options
    Chapter 5 is out - (Not so) Mysterious Aging! Check it out :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Chapter 6 - Stranger Danger

New chapter is out!
    This chapter focuses a bit more on the storyline. Something major happens this week at the Willow Creek Orphanage :O Hope you guys like it! :)
    Post edited by Green_Olive on
  • Options
    Chapter 7 is here, after a long while! The Willow Creek Orphanage is back!

cover7.jpg