Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dead people should be separated in the relationship panel

For now I have several dead people showing in Mortimer Goth's relationship panel. It is annoying to see them because you cant chat with them or ask them to hangout or anything. Their presence with the living sim there is pointless.
Instead I think the gurus should add another tab (circle button) in the relationship panel only to show the dead people.
Right now there are 4 tabs: All, Friends, Household and Romance. They should add a fifth one that will contain all the dead sims and completely separate them from the living ones.

What do you think?
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Definitely! This has been bothering me as well. If you have a sim from birth to death, assuming all their friends and relatives are not culled, you end up with a lot of ghost relationships!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Definitely! This has been bothering me as well. If you have a sim from birth to death, assuming all their friends and relatives are not culled, you end up with a lot of ghost relationships!

Exactly. I have the no culling mod, the townies are set to age and die too. Right now on Mortimer's panel there are over 15 dead sims. I wish they add another tab to them and remove the dead from all the other tabs instead.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This is the thing that's holding me back from using the No More Culling mod. I'm only interested in preserving townies. Dead acquaintances, not so much.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    This is the thing that's holding me back from using the No More Culling mod. I'm only interested in preserving townies. Dead acquaintances, not so much.

You are right about this but culling is a disasterous mechanic for the game.
    Now the only way to cure this is being the dead back to life and delete them!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    Honestly I don't think the dead should show in the relationship panel period. I liked it better back in sims 3 when once they died they were gone. I can't even stand the goshts this time around especially when there in the active careers, I mean come on what do you need a job for your dead!
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    Honestly I don't think the dead should show in the relationship panel period. I liked it better back in sims 3 when once they died they were gone. I can't even stand the goshts this time around especially when there in the active careers, I mean come on what do you need a job for your dead!

I agree here too. They can either separate them or just remove them from the relationship panel. I dont see there is a need for them to be there
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Definitely agree on that, I also think it's ridiculous that dead Sims count towards the population limit, only because there is the 'possibility' to play with them. Which for a lot of them is impossible since they're NPCs and impossible to find once they're dead. At least, they're not in manage households and the one time my Sim was friends with a ghost she couldn't call him, he was just gone. Of course if you work with them, you can find them, you practically have to cheat to get rid of them (adding them to your household and then deleting them).

Anyway, all this ghost 'stuff' is one of the reasons why I started this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/835682/basic-and-advanced-population-options#latest - I should probably add something about the ability to find, manage and remove ghosts.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    Maybe off topic, but I released a spirit to the Netherworld, will they be culled? I'm actually hoping so because I would like to use the urns and gravestones as decoration.
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Yup, I have 3 ghosts showing in my Sims relationship panel and its annoying as you cant call or text them (ghosts still have phones). Its a pain, I can live with it but its a pain.
  • Options
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    Yup, I have 3 ghosts showing in my Sims relationship panel and its annoying as you cant call or text them (ghosts still have phones). Its a pain, I can live with it but its a pain.

It will be a bigger pain when half of the panel are filled with ghosts. In other words they are just trash showing on your panel :s
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

Took the words right outta my mouth lol. By the end of their lives you have nearly a whole towns worth of ghosts in there -_-
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    I guess but I don't care too much about it
  • Options
    hannahmarshall111hannahmarshall111 Posts: 49 Member
    it would be nice but it wouldn't bother me either way