Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return of half and step siblings

Correct me if I'm wrong and this is already in game but don't you think it would be cool to have half sibs and step parents and stuff re-added? Comment your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    they are labeled as such in the family tree but not in the relation pannel
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    pearlgirl22175pearlgirl22175 Posts: 6 New Member
    And uncles or aunts when they get married to the pre existing aunt or uncle. Also in laws
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2015
    I wish these relationships could be created in CAS. Half-siblings, stepfamily, in-laws, and the ability to make an adult and child siblings (this could not be done Sims 3; don't know about Sims 2). Come on, EA. It's 2015. These families do exist.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    blizatlily1qblizatlily1q Posts: 31 Member
    Yes, I want better family dynamic
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    As previously stated, you can read all these relationships in the family tree. I don't understand why they can't add the relationship in the actual game. Sims 3 had that and I miss it!
  • Options
    Sims4Player223Sims4Player223 Posts: 55 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    As previously stated, you can read all these relationships in the family tree. I don't understand why they can't add the relationship in the actual game. Sims 3 had that and I miss it!

I know, it would also be cool if you could actually set better relationships, even for instance a mother/daughter relationship between teens and children and teens and babies.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

I know, it would also be cool if you could actually set better relationships, even for instance a mother/daughter relationship between teens and children and teens and babies.

not a good idea that promotes Teenage pregency and that's not allowed on here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I was going to post about something similar to this.. I would like to see the -in-law put in for the father in law.. mother in law.. etc..

MY other thing is why can't we create an Aunt with a niece only without the connection to someone in CAS. And why can't we create a grandparent to a child without someone in between while in CAS as well.. or an uncle and a nephew.. or even Cousins.. Sometimes I would like to create a couple cousins to move in the hood without having to create their parent siblings..
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

People already do that with mods.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Sims4Player223Sims4Player223 Posts: 55 Member

Oh, sorry i didn't know that

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    they are labeled as such in the family tree but not in the relation pannel

Yeah, I've noticed that. I'm hoping they fix that. Especially the step-relationships. The step-father will flirt with his step-daughter, because the relationship is just not recognized (expect in family tree as you mentioned).
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Actual step relationships? Yes. They pretended to add that by adding the label to the family tree but the sims themselves don't seem to recognize the relationship, it's not listed on their relationship panels when talking to eachother, and romantic relationships are allowed between step parents and children.