Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for little extra bits and pieces for home life. Really want this stuff for elders.

limitlesslightlimitlesslight Posts: 8 New Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I wrote these ideas down before sims 4 came out but never posted them, so some may have already been put in. :P Just ignore those ones.

(A lot of these below being optional in game would be ideal)
Toddlers:
- Bath time
- Taking them in for check ups
- Pacifier
- Teething
- Learning to crawl
- Learning to sit up
- Teaching them to start using cups instead of bottles
- Buy formula/diapers, instead of having them magically appear.
- Mashing up your own baby food and/or having different kinds to choose from

Toddlers(if/when released)/Children/Teens:

- If the person the kids are living with die, an option of moving them to a relatives or 'distant relative' (if there is no actual relative of the sim(s) who died)
- Babysitting jobs for teens
-Teens can move out if they hold down a part time job
- Floaties for the pool
- Teaching them how to swim, at any age.
- Taking them in for shots and check ups
- Preschool (if we get toddlers, haha)
- Homeschooling
- School carnival/events
- Braces
- Loosing teeth (toothfairy)
- Zits, if teens don't wash their faces(and maybe a drink or something that makes them never get zits so it doesn't get annoying)
- Actual report cards with different grades for different subjects
- Choosing high school electives and still having clubs after school
- Parents can call children in sick when ill
- Joining sports teams for kids/teens
- Birthdays to be celebrated every year, not just when they age up. (and if aging is off they can just celebrate the same age each time)
- Chores
- Parents can ground child/teen when they see them doing any sort of negative action
- Children/Teens can tattle on each other
- Being able to sneak into a siblings room, and be caught.
- Ability to tell sibling to stay out of their room
- Have an adult tell child/teen to go clean their room
- Grounding being more detailed; Sending a child to their room, taking something of theirs away, making them do a chore, saying they can't go out.
- Parents can tell teens to change their clothes
- Parents can tell children/teens to go to bed
- Toddlers and children can be tucked in
- Children can have nightmares
-Children/teens can ask for money
- Night lights for children.
- Children can make their own secret clubs(Some can be 'no girls/boys allowed and such)
- "Band" for children/teens. Being flutes, jazz instruments, harp, violin, etc etc.
- Boy/girl scouts and Ballet actually have meetings and special events (Selling cookies, Performances, camping trips)
- Grades: 1st grade, 2nd grade, etc etc.
- High school can be failable if they don't have the right grades or credit amounts to graduate, which would later effect scholarships for college and such.
- Summer school
- High school status (it was way too easy to win prom queen/king over and over in sims 3)

I won't get into Young Adults or Adults much since they always have the most options, but if you have a idea for something you're dying for then I'd love to hear it.

Elders
- Writing a Will. I really want a sim to OWN a house when they buy it. i.e. Who gets their possessions, property, pets and money when they pass. Each option could have a list where you select the sim they're leaving it to.
- Special hobbies that can only be started/done as an elder in retirement: Knitting, glassblowing, jewlery making, etc etc I think it would make people WANT to play as an elder.
- Old people can start groups with other elders for multiple clubs that meet up (honestly, this one is just to keep them busy if you don't want to play them yet don't want them sitting at home doing nothing)
- BINGO NIGHT
ex. Book clubs, bar meetings, knitting club, etc etc.
- Retirement homes (sims can visit their parents/grandparents)
- Old people 'gatherings' (retired work reunions, school reunions, college reunions, old friends, etc etc)

Other
- More life stages: Newborn, small child, preteen, middle aged adult
- When a parent gets remarried, the other parent becomes a 'stepmother/father' (this might actually already be in there, I haven't tried it yet)
- Being able to join exclusive clubs based on sims interests in certain hobbies like in the sims 2
- More holidays! (being able to choose what you put on the 'present mat' for another sim would be good too and just keeping it as the sims in the household)
- Sending gifts in the mail to sims
- Option to have the grass grow and have to mow it
- Light switches for rooms
- Washing dishes that have been left in the sink
- Sweeping
- Movies to rent/buy
- More appliances: Toaster, blender, Rice cooker, etc etc.
- New hobbies
- Requiring hospital visits if sickness is ignored too long
- MORE PETS(as in species) AND MINOR PETS
- Minor pets having an option you can turn on and off for aging (since they died pretty quick in sims 3)
- Sunscreen (For whenever weather is installed)
- Fish tanks of various sizes so you can have accurate fish sizes, instead of just shrinking in a mini fish bowl.
- Ability to make aquariums
- Shopping channels that you can order from.
- Injuries that require casts and such (Not sure if the 'get to work' made this possible as I haven't bought it yet)
- Smaller injuries, band aids.
- High school reunions every couple sim years once they're an adult.
- Learning to ride a bike
- Can be allergic to pets

Expansion packs I would like to see:
Carnival/Circus/theme park
Farming
Magic ep.

World Ideas:
Alien planet: Alienish plants, trees, furniture, transportation, different species to make your sim, alien pets(I really want glowing plants for some reason)
Another medieval one, IF they do fairies or mermaids again, a EP with themed things would fit a lot better. Underwater theme furniture, plant theme. Ex: Flower sinks and leaf beds.
Victorian era
Alice in wonderland inspired: everyone acts nuts, swirly weird furniture, etc.
Cast away inspired

Vacation Locations:
Japan: Tokyo
Disneyland theme park! (I wish, haha. That'd be the best vacation place, imo)
A jungle location
New Zealand
Post edited by limitlesslight on

Comments

• Options
    kiwiboy18kiwiboy18 Posts: 123 Member
    Yes love the family related ideas, particularly those relating to elders as it seems (apart from babies) they have very few special or unique interactions. After school activities needs to make a return at some point, along with prom/homecoming and that sort of thing. Writing a will and having a working inheritance system would be amazing, particularly for your children sims have aged up and moved out of the family home to be able to inherit the family house when the parents die, having to rebuy the house kind of adds insult to injury.

A lot of things you mentioned are or have since been included in the sims 4. Having step kids and half brothers is pretty awesome :)

Really just hanging out for a generations/family themed expansion, but your pet ideas as well as new worlds sound amazing as well.

Would love a vacation or holiday destination similar to NZ as well :P
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    :heart: I LOVE THE IDEA BUT I FIXED IT A BIT BY MAKING WHAT IS ALREADY IN THE GAME CROSSED OUT :heart:
    I wrote these ideas down before sims 4 came out but never posted them, so some may have already been put in. :P Just ignore those ones.

(A lot of these below being optional in game would be ideal)
    Toddlers:
    - Bath time
    - Taking them in for check ups
    - Pacifier
    - Teething
    - Learning to crawl
    - Learning to sit up
    - Teaching them to start using cups instead of bottles
    - Buy formula/diapers, instead of having them magically appear.
    - Mashing up your own baby food and/or having different kinds to choose from

Toddlers(if/when released)/Children/Teens:

- Ability to have a toddler/child/teen live with an elder instead of just an adult.
    - If the person the kids are living with die, an option of moving them to a relatives or 'distant relative' (if there is no actual relative of the sim(s) who died)
    - Babysitting jobs for teens
    -Teens can move out if they hold down a part time job
    - Floaties for the pool
    - Teaching them how to swim, at any age.
    - Taking them in for shots and check ups
    - Preschool (if we get toddlers, haha)
    - Homeschooling
    - School carnival/events
    - Braces
    - Loosing teeth (toothfairy)
    - Zits, if teens don't wash their faces(and maybe a drink or something that makes them never get zits so it doesn't get annoying)
    - Summer/Winter/spring Vacations With OR Game Pack
    - Actual report cards with different grades for different subjects
    - Choosing high school electives and still having clubs after school
    - Parents can call children in sick when ill
    - Teens can attempt to call themselves in sick
    - Joining sports teams for kids/teens
    - Birthdays to be celebrated every year, not just when they age up. (and if aging is off they can just celebrate the same age each time)
    - Chores
    - Parents can ground child/teen when they see them doing any sort of negative action
    - Children/Teens can tattle on each other
    - Being able to sneak into a siblings room, and be caught.
    - Ability to tell sibling to stay out of their room
    - Have an adult tell child/teen to go clean their room
    - Grounding being more detailed; Sending a child to their room, taking something of theirs away, making them do a chore, saying they can't go out.
    - Parents can tell teens to change their clothes
    - Parents can tell children/teens to go to bed
    - Toddlers and children can be tucked in
    - Children can have nightmares
    -Children/teens can ask for money
    - Night lights for children.
    - Children can make their own secret clubs(Some can be 'no girls/boys allowed and such)
    - "Band" for children/teens. Being flutes, jazz instruments, harp, violin, etc etc.
    - Boy/girl scouts and Ballet actually have meetings and special events (Selling cookies, Performances, camping trips)
    - Grades: 1st grade, 2nd grade, etc etc.
    - High school can be failable if they don't have the right grades or credit amounts to graduate, which would later effect scholarships for college and such.
    - Summer school
    - High school status (it was way too easy to win prom queen/king over and over in sims 3)

I won't get into Young Adults or Adults much since they always have the most options, but if you have a idea for something you're dying for then I'd love to hear it.

Elders
    - Writing a Will. I really want a sim to OWN a house when they buy it. i.e. Who gets their possessions, property, pets and money when they pass. Each option could have a list where you select the sim they're leaving it to.
    - Having a favorite Child/Grandchild. Because we all know it happens.
    - Special hobbies that can only be started/done as an elder in retirement: Woodcarving, knitting, glassblowing, jewlery making, etc etc I think it would make people WANT to play as an elder.
    - Old people can start groups with other elders for multiple clubs that meet up (honestly, this one is just to keep them busy if you don't want to play them yet don't want them sitting at home doing nothing)
    - BINGO NIGHT
    ex. Book clubs, bar meetings, knitting club, etc etc.
    - Retirement homes (sims can visit their parents/grandparents)
    - Old people 'gatherings' (retired work reunions, school reunions, college reunions, old friends, etc etc)

Other
    - More life stages: Newborn, small child, preteen, middle aged adult
    - When a parent gets remarried, the other parent becomes a 'stepmother/father' (this might actually already be in there, I haven't tried it yet)
    - Being able to join exclusive clubs based on sims interests in certain hobbies like in the sims 2
    - More holidays! (being able to choose what you put on the 'present mat' for another sim would be good too and just keeping it as the sims in the household)
    - Sending gifts in the mail to sims
    - Option to have the grass grow and have to mow it
    - Light switches for rooms
    - Washing dishes that have been left in the sink
    - Sweeping
    - Mopping
    - Movies to rent/buy
    - More appliances: Toaster, blender, Rice cooker, etc etc.
    - New hobbies
    - Making just a drink to have instead of a meal, and in a pitcher for 'serve drink'. (Lemonade, water, fruit juices, vegetable juice, hot chocolate, chocolate milk, etc etc.) Kind of
    - Stages of sickness. Cough, sneezing, runny nose, fatigue, throwing up.Needs GTW EP
    - Requiring hospital visits if sickness is ignored too long
    - Taking medicine for: Backpain from stress, headaches, head colds, vitamin C to help keep from getting sick and so on.With the GTW EP
    - Children/Teens can bring home sickness from school and it can spread to other sim members through close contactWith the GTW EP
    - MORE PETS(as in species) AND MINOR PETS
    - Minor pets having an option you can turn on and off for aging (since they died pretty quick in sims 3)
    - Sunscreen (For whenever weather is installed)
    - More plant varieties to grow
    - More to collect (bugs, gems, metals and flowers, seashells, bird feathers, special plant seeds, whatever else)
    - Fish tanks of various sizes so you can have accurate fish sizes, instead of just shrinking in a mini fish bowl.
    - Ability to make aquariums
    - Shopping channels that you can order from.
    - Injuries that require casts and such (Not sure if the 'get to work' made this possible as I haven't bought it yet)
    - Smaller injuries, band aids.
    - High school reunions every couple sim years once they're an adult.
    - Learning to ride a bike
    - Can be allergic to pets

Expansion packs I would like to see:
    Carnival/Circus/theme park
    Farming
    Magic ep.

World Ideas:
    Alien planet: Alienish plants, trees, furniture, transportation, different species to make your sim, alien pets(I really want glowing plants for some reason) With the GTW EP
    Another medieval one, IF they do fairies or mermaids again, a EP with themed things would fit a lot better. Underwater theme furniture, plant theme. Ex: Flower sinks and leaf beds.
    Victorian era
    Alice in wonderland inspired: everyone acts nuts, swirly weird furniture, etc.
    Cast away inspired

Vacation Locations:
    Japan: Tokyo
    Disneyland theme park! (I wish, haha. That'd be the best vacation place, imo)
    A jungle location
    New Zealand
  • Options
    Yeah, for some reason I'm always drawn to wanting Elders to have a bigger role to play. I'll probably start rolling around ideas in my head for more they should be able to do exclusively.
    It'd be nice for them to be able to tell their grandkids stories about 'the old days'. Or wack people with their canes, develop a love for prunes and complain about the heat/cold. Maybe buy some wrinkle cream or go on a health kick and buy a bunch of juicers, haha.

It'd be hilarious for someone with a cat to get together with a sim who is allergic to cats! The mental image in my mind of it is hilarious. :P

And as your sim begins their journey to NZ.. "Where are you going??" "I'm going on an adventure!"
  • Options
    Thank you, Sara!
    I will delete those from my list. (:
  • Options
    chasmari22chasmari22 Posts: 39 Member
    I like this list! @limitlesslight Personally I'm hoping we will get more kitchen appliances. It feels strange to not have a mixer while running a bakery.
  • Options
    kiwiboy18kiwiboy18 Posts: 123 Member
    Haha definitely :) aslong as they don't populate the world with stereotypical sheep im happy haha.

They also need to update so that cakes and apple pies are under the baking skill not the cooking one. That annoys me so much it's not funny haha
  • Options
    @chasmari22 Maybe they could have lower/upper cabinets be clickable for storage. So, you could click which appliance you want to be out on that counter until you want to switch. That way it's not clustered or making you have to choose just one/having to make a huge kitchen to fit them all.
  • Options
    OmarSPiedraOmarSPiedra Posts: 44 Member
    All your ideas would make this game 100x better.
  • Options
    bonnstraxxbonnstraxx Posts: 102 Member
    Yes to all of this! I need more things for my kids, teens, and especially elders! Maybe with some of the "elder skills" non-elder sims could still learn them, but only if an elder teaches them in the beginning? It could be a cute interaction/bonding experience with elders and their grandkids, or even their older children!

And absolutely yes to making cabinets storage spaces! And more storage spaces in general, like trunks and armoires. I'm so tired of digging through overstuffed inventories.
    tumblr_no8vxivBfl1s26dsio1_250_zpsh1ymw1es.gif
  • Options
    @bonnstraxx That's a good idea! That way you wouldn't ALWAYS need an elder sim around to make certain items with those skills or need to make a new one when they die.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Elders should have bucket list stuff.
    I think they should be allow them to have a final charge at life.
    like Hang Gliding, Bungie Jumping, Sky Diving. Y'know do something awesome to impress their Children/Grandchildren... and me.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif