New update for The Sims Freeplay. Movie Star ---out now! Read more
It's Patch Day for The Sims 4, check out what content and fixes were added by viewing the patch notes here.
Check out what changes will be coming to the forums soon: READ MORE

ASK A GURU - TUESDAY May 19, 11AM - NOON PST - CLOSED

SimGuruCoopSimGuruCoop Posts: 63 SimGuru
Hi everyone! The next Ask a Guru session is now open.

Note: Today, the Gurus on hand are here to talk about The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, and won't be able to answer questions about any other topics.

The Rules
  • Please read the thread before asking a question. We can answer more questions if we don't have to answer the same ones over and over.
  • Please try and keep your questions short. Posting a long list of questions means we can't answer as many people if we have to spend lots of time on one very long post.
  • Please be constructive and focus on asking questions.
  • To keep the thread focused and uncluttered, we will delete any off topic posts.
  • Respect your fellow Simmers.
  • We will try to answer all your questions, but there are a lot more of you than us.
  • We can try to answer bug questions and pass on bugs you find, but the better place to report bugs and issues is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

IMPORTANT: The Gurus (none of us) cannot discuss any unannounced future content. That includes what we're making, when we're making it, whether it'll be a patch, paid content. We just can't. We'll tell you as soon as we're able. If you ask about future content, the answer will always be "No comment."

Thanks!
Post edited by SimGuruCoop on

Comments

• RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,328 Member
    Hello! So excited about The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff and will be buying it later :)

1. What is you're personal favourite new item from the pack?
    2. What made you guys choose luxury party stuff as the first stuff pack? :)
    3. How many new female hair styles is in the new 'Luxury Party Stuff'?
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 325 Member
    I can't wait to play with luxury stuff later today. Are the cubes in the stuff pack a light or a coffee table? In the trailer it looks like the fountain is on one of them. Was that done with MOO?
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,026 Member
    Where did the Idea/Theme of luxury party come from?
    If any theme could be made into a stuff pack what would you pick and why?
  • LuanaSimmerLuanaSimmer Posts: 23 New Member
    I'm rather curious to know where you guys got all of this inspiration from. Movies, music? Old photographs? :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 15,059 Member
    Hi!

A couple of questions:

1. Do the food/drink tables and fountains work on community lots? (Hoping to revamp my wedding venue.)
    2. Does your Sim have to have a certain cooking/mixology skill to use them/produce items? Say if your Sim only has a level 1 cooking skill, will they be able to get more than macaroni & cheese or garden salad from the tables?
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,599 Member
    Hi Gurus! Planning to buy Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff later today!:

Have some questions:

1. Does the game comes with any new soundtrack for parties/buy mode?
    2. Any chance of the SP receive an patch in the future with new items, or EPs with new functions?
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,615 Member
    1. Will the lot shown in the tralier be available on the gallery?
    2. Are there any new furniture colours? (As in changing the colours of the furniture)

Thank you Sims team for producing a great stuff pack! Looking forward to purchasing it now.
    The new dresses and hair styles for females look amazing!

Where does the inspiration come from when you are creating new clothing?
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Does the buffet table work well on community lots? Will other sims in the world purchase food for the buffet or will my sim always have to be the one?
  • BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
    Love the look of this new pack and I'm so happy you guys have reduced the pricing of stuff packs! :blush:

Two questions:

1)where did the inspiration for the clothes come from? Did you guys look at previous packs like High End Loft and Into The Future?

2)Is it possible you could share some concept art for this pack with us? I really love to see behind the scenes and see how things have developed.
  • SimGuruCoopSimGuruCoop Posts: 63 SimGuru
    edited May 2015
    As a reminder, please keep these posts on-topic. The Gurus are here to talk about the Luxury Part Stuff Pack, and off-topic posts will be deleted.
    Post edited by SimGuruCoop on
  • quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 254 Member
    Is it any new wall colors or flooring?
  • Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 217 Member
    plum i didnt buy luxury party yet but i have couple of questions to you,because i am going to buy it in the future=)
    1) What give us Luxury Party ? will it be new types of parties,new opportunities,new gameplay ?
    2)Will be new traits ?
    Sorry that this question is out of topic but none of the developers dont answer to me=) Developers of The Sims are fans of the cartoon Gravity Falls ?,because i noticed that city in Outdoor Retreat called Granit Falls,city in cartoon Gravity Falls ?
  • ladyterukiladyteruki Posts: 20 New Member
    Hi dear Gurus !

1/ Will there be new Build Mode objects with the SP ? (Fancy staircases for example)
    2/ Will there be a new neighborhood/world with the SP ?
    3/ Is there anything targeted at fancy kids in the SP ? :)
    On a side note : will we one day be able to own a nightclub ? And especially make a living out of it. So far it's not possible to sell tickets to anything (The Sims 2 Open for Business had a way to make that work) but it would be fantastic to include that sometime !
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 209 Member
    Looks like an awesome pack but I'm wondering why again male sims don't get as much as female sims in terms of content. This isn't really a question more of a request to put more male Sim content in the game, epically male children stuff.
    Thanks for the stuff pack though and the cheapness of it is really nice to see plus the table and fountain look really cool :)
    <3 the trailer for The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff!!
  • nate3300nate3300 Posts: 47 Member
    What made you change the style of a Stuff Pack in The Sims 4?
    Are in the Luxury Party new types of locations ?
    How long did it take to create Luxury Party Stuff? Weeks or months? :P
    Is it in a luxury party dj ?)) New location ?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 12,890 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi Gurus :smiley:

First off I want to thank you for fixing the male woohoo hair a few patches back :) it's fixed and looks much better now :smiley:

Second, will sims eat/drink from the fauntain autonomously when placed in a community lot?

Also can you aply the new call UI to all calls? It would be awsome if it worked for invite overs and when someone calls to talk with the sims :)

Thank you.

Post edited by Sigzy05 on
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,026 Member
    Where did the Idea/Theme of luxury party come from?
    If any theme could be made into a stuff pack what would you pick and why?

I think we were inspired by a lot of the Hollywood parties getting a lot of press. High end decorations and clothing seemed like something our players could really use.

Personally, I would love to see stuff packs oriented around different time periods -- Victorian furniture, Medieval decorations, etc.

I love that idea!
  • SimGuruLakshmiSimGuruLakshmi Posts: 60 SimGuru
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Hello! So excited about The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff and will be buying it later :)

1. What is you're personal favourite new item from the pack?
    2. What made you guys choose luxury party stuff as the first stuff pack? :)
    3. How many new female hair styles is in the new 'Luxury Party Stuff'?

1. I'm really excited for the banquet table. It's so useful for throwing parties!
    2. We wanted to add a little more glamour to the game. :)
    3. There are four new female hairstyles.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top