Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roaring 20s EP

I have an idea for a roaring 20s EP. The 1920s were my favorite time period that I learned about. Here are some things that happened around the world in the 1920s that I would like to see in this EP.

Flappers: Western women who wore short skirts, had bobbed hair, listened to jazz music, and flaunted their disdain.

Large scale adaption of automobiles, telephones, motion pictures, and electricity

Wars
Turkish War of Independence
Irish Civil War
Castellammarese War
The rise of communism following WWI
Polish-Soviet War
The Chinese Civil War

Extravagant parties

Woman's sufferance movement

Prohibition of alcohol (or juice in the sims)

The Immigration Act of 1924- we would see less ethnic groups in the sims during this time period.

The United Kingdom general strike

Black Tuesday

The New Economic Policy

The first All-Talking movie Lights of New York could be shown in movie theaters in the game once we have movie theaters in the game

The first electric razor

Record companies release electric recording process on their phonograph records

Jukeboxes were invented

First liquid fueled rocket

First color television. Although most TVs in the game during this time period could be in black and white.

First process for frozen food

Harold Stephen Black revolutionized the field of applied electronics by inventing the negative feedback amplifier.

The Jazz Age

First commercial radio stations. Old fashioned radios could be implemented into the game.

Surrealist movement in art. More selections of surrealist art in the game.

Art Deco Movement

1920s fashion

RNEQ4zI.jpg?1
Xm19LGw.jpg?1
nNFa6DH.jpg?1
uMI3p8l.jpg?1
ydRtlyE.jpg?1

1920s homes

DJCVoHA.jpg?1
qjl0hqA.jpg?1
DyWlf4i.jpg?1

1920s automobiles

J80gr3U.jpg?1
kvc6bhD.jpg?1
s3isq5W.jpg?1
yIQqmo0.jpg?1

1920s art

dGh2Z6n.jpg?1
XKVWmlS.jpg?2
8R61LVu.jpg?1
qG82jlJ.jpg?1
915WiIq.jpg?1
NLzlJSe.jpg?1
bHSlpWw.jpg?1
SJXg5Yk.jpg?1

What are your thoughts on a 1920s themed EP?
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Anyone like my idea?
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The roaring 20s sounds fun, but it might work better as a Game Pack. What you've represented is pretty cars, art, clothes, and architecture. I would be happy to have these in my game as I like the style (and so do many others). But, I only see a little gameplay there -- maybe a new party type, a new dance (Lindy Hop?).
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    YAAAASSSS!!! YES too it ALL!!! being a history student and the fact the 20's is my personal favorite era YES! YES! to it ALL!!!! also you posted in the pic my Fav painter Edward Hopper!! and the art deco movement of the 20's gives me such nostalgia! I LOVE the idea it either needs to be an EP or a GP either way I would buy it! XD
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    Coffee219Coffee219 Posts: 128 Member
    I think this would be awesome in terms of items. I'm a builder, and just looking at some of those pictures gave me ideas. I'm all for it.
  • Options
    AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2015
    I agree with @greenXen. What you've presented is almost just a list of what makes the 1920s the 1920s. I would love a Roaring 20s stuff pack, but it needs more gameplay ideas.

As an example, what about Speakeasy as a new lot type? Requirements could include 1 hidden door, 1 bar, 2 musical instruments and a certain number of tables, chairs, etc. This could be almost like an active profession where you manage the bouncers, the bartenders and the talent.

Nectar making and singing could be new skills and Singer could be a new career type. Maybe you can even book gigs at the speakeasy.

The pack could also add the ability to run a radio station. Book talent including live bands and singers, write and run advertising, run dramas, detective serials, make news announcements.

Run and manage a decadent movie theater, including black and white films and talkies. Movie star could be added as a new career.

To sum up, new professions are Singer, Band Member, Radio Star, Movie Star and you can manage either a Speakeasy, Radio Station or Theater.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Well the idea seems nice and all but I wouldn't buy it sorry :\ It's just not my style of gameplay I want to play with the now not the then.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1