Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing gems and relics then when reload the game the house disappears in dragon valley

When placing relics and gems into houses in dragon valley when I travel abroad or close and reload the game the house disappears when I go to zoom in the lot it reappears again then when you go to another lot it disappears again this is really spoiling my game and I need a fix for it. If anyone has been experience the same issues.

I have tried using some fixes already.

1) delecting lot and grid and replacing them but when you put relics or gems in the house disappears.

Dragon valley is my number one town if anyone can help me fixed this I would be extremely grateful

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    where did you travel to? My old Dragon Valley started glitching and I winded up having move my sims. I went to china came back everything was fine. I traveled to the future came back and when I was encountering glitches. Not same glitches as you but still glitches that made me move to a new town. I dont know if in general DV glitches once you travel??

do you use mods or cc?
  • Options
    tsbtsb45tsbtsb45 Posts: 543 Member
    It also happens when I save game quit reload I have tried placing relics and gems in a number of houses in dragon valley and I get the same but every time the house of the lot disappears but when you zoom in the house is still there it's weird I have two mods overwatch and master controller and both are updated to the latest patch so I'm really confused I was hoping for a fix as my sim is a relic/gem collector
  • Options
    I did not find anything specific on your gems and relics so maybe someone else having this issue may have another solution But read this thread about invisible house.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/656732.page

Hi,

This is a graphical glitch that other players have encountered. Fortunately, there is a simple workaround that should help resolve the neighborhood lot LOD (level of detail) issue in most cases:

1 - Switch to Edit Town mode
    2 - Select the lot having the LOD issue
    3 - Select Build/Buy
    4 - Make any singular change to the lot - repositioning an object will suffice
    5 - Exit back to Edit Town mode
    6 - Repeat steps 2-5 for additional lots as necessary

If your current household is affected by the graphics glitch, you can go directly into build/buy mode to fix it without going into Edit Town mode. If another household not under player control is affected, you will need to switch to that household via Edit Town mode.
  • Options
    Would you have to do these steps every time you travel / reload game
  • Options
    tsbtsb45 wrote: »
    Would you have to do these steps every time you travel / reload game

That I cant answer you because I dont have this issue. The only way to know is if you test it in game, travel come back.
  • Options
    I wonder why my game has it and no one else
  • Options
    I dont know if other people have it or not. Some people may have posted on this issue in the past though I have not fond it. did you try the solution above to see if it works?
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    This happens occasionally in various worlds and with or without travelling.

Apparently it is supposed to be due to the game remembering what was previously on the lot and not what is there now. Deleting cache files is supposed to fix it. That doesn't seem to work for me and I generally put up with it. I first saw it happen in Sunlit Tides when I replaced an existing EA built house with one of my own. Then I've seen it on various lots in Sunlit Tides.

I'm currently playing in Dragon Valley and have one house that is invisible a lot of the time from Edit Town.

I've cleared caches and reloaded many times over the last few days and the problem persists.

I suspect if I really wanted to fix it I'd move the family to a different house temporarily and then copy their house to the library, delete the lot and put their house back (all their stuff will still be in it) and then move the family back in there. I did this with another house recently for a different reason and it worked will. By moving the family to a different house they remember all their friends and relations in town.

I've never had anyone from this game travel anywhere. This house does have some relics in it from when I built it but I've used it many times in many games and it has never had this problem before.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    I've seen this happen sporadically and usually the method outlined above fixes it for good (for that lot) because there is then no longer any cached record of what the lot used to look like at the different zoom levels. I've also seen lots from a distance that appear to have two different buildings on them, the one that's really there and the one it at some point replaced either side by side or superimposed. Same fix as above. It's a harmless graphical glitch with respect to gameplay but it can still be annoying.

I think one of the next versions of our mods currently in beta testing has some new code to prevent this from happening (it's either Overwatch v120 or ErrorTrap v100), but it's not in the documentation yet.

Edit: Might have been dreaming the part about the new mod code -- yes, I have unusual dreams. Will have to check with our development department. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Thank you @Karritz and @igazor for giving more info to this issue I had it happen once a long time ago but could not remember what I did to fix it. Maybe I bulldozed the lot and put something else there?
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I recently had this issue on an additional home right across the street. Moving one object on that lot fixed it until the next reload, but it was a recurring problem for a while. I don't know what permanently fixed it but over time I cleared all caches and added a large foundation to place the snowboard half-tube. It could have been either of those things.
  • Options
    Adding an object, even a floor tile or something, might be more effective than moving an existing one around.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Whoops, I had the wrong mods in mind. It's actually the testing version of MasterController that adds this function, version 133b. Not fully released yet, but anyone is welcome to give it a try. It really shouldn't break anything important. :)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Testing

Added "Regenerate Lot Imposter" to the Lot menu.
    • Regenerates the Map View imposter without having to edit the lot should the cached version keep coming back to haunt you.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had inactive houses vanish in my games while playing another household though it's more common in a larger sized world and I can still play the world with a minor glitch like that.I do find it annoying though it's just a cosmetic glitch.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks guys for all your help I have tried moving the house delecting it and replacing it it works fine until I put relics gems in then I quit game reload and it's gone again I just don't no
  • Options
    How do you clear cache files
  • Options
    I got rid of them no help so I have uninstalled and now downloading the.m
  • Options
    I hope you're not uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game and all of it's EP/SPs. That's not likely to help as this is a known graphics glitch. But maybe I misunderstood what you meant.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!