Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time Buttons lagging

scarymary378scarymary378 Posts: 5 New Member
I am having an issue where I press 3 to speed up time, then when I press 2 or 1 or even P for pause, the game lags and it keeps fast forwarding for a really long time and no matter what I press it keeps fast forwarding, and after two real life minutes it finally stops. I can't believe how many bugs this game has, this is probably the fifth one I've come across, however I haven't found any answers to why it is doing this. Any one else having this problem? Or know how to fix this?? (even when I click on the buttons at the bottom of the screen, it doesn't work). Makes the game really hard to play.
Post edited by scarymary378 on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Have you tried turning your graphics options down, so the game isn't trying to render as much?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Everything is set to medium in graphics. I have a macbook pro.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Try lowering them. You might also want to move your original post (by editing it) to the Mac Technical forum.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited April 2015

@scarymary378, could the time buttons lagging be linked to the Mac issues caused by this update? If you do have problems with The Sims 4 after the update, please refer to Sims 4 on Mac Lagging, shutting down and soooo slow! on TS4 Mac Forums.

I also posted your issue on the other thread because I've heard that The Sims 4 lags since the March update.

@luthienrising I think it might be a Mac specific issue, please see the thread I linked above on my post.
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options

@scarymary378, could the time buttons lagging be linked to the Mac issues caused by this update? If you do have problems with The Sims 4 after the update, please refer to Sims 4 on Mac Lagging, shutting down and soooo slow! on TS4 Mac Forums.

I also posted your issue on the other thread because I've heard that The Sims 4 lags since the March update.

@luthienrising I think it might be a Mac specific issue, please see the thread I linked above on my post.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind for future reports.

Does this sound similar to you? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Multitasking-Conversation-loop-bug-Freezes-game-causes-lag/m-p/4470036#M11292
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind for future reports.

Does this sound similar to you? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Multitasking-Conversation-loop-bug-Freezes-game-causes-lag/m-p/4470036#M11292

Yeah, it looks similar to the Mac issue except that it affects PCs with dedicated graphics so it seems the Windows version of TS4 also suffers from lag issue although I haven't gotten lag so far. The Mac lag issue on the other hand seems linked to Macs with Intel HD 4000.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    I'm just going to wait it out I guess, maybe the next patch will help. It's silly because I played the sims 4 for mac for a few months and had no issues other than that refrigerator problem every one seemed to have, It's ironic this happened after the last update.
  • Options
    I came across this forum, and they seemed to have found a temporary fix. If you have a sim who has a very full inventory (such as someone who gardens a lot) delete everything in their inventory!! Your game will stop freezing your sims as time passes by. A weird bug, but I believe it has been reported to EA.

Yay, finally. :)
    I am unable to post a link, since I "haven't been around long enough" on this website.
    It was a forum on EA.com