Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Its confirmed we can't make a functioning restaurant, even a fast food one.

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    But, the second one says they will eat at the bakery. I intend to set my lot type as bakery, but sell other dishes.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,003 Member
    edited March 2015
    @fullspiral

But only the Sims you control, unfortunately. Your customers will treat everything as take out, so you'll never see one sitting down to eat there.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    sorry no offense but there are already a couple of threads covering this am i missing something here are you adding something new?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    @fullspiral

But only the Sims you control, unfortunately. Your customers will treat everything as take out, so you'll never see one sitting down to eat there.

Well that's no fun then. :|
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    sorry no offense but there are already a couple of threads covering this am i missing something here are you adding something new?

I only noticed "false advertising thread" so I thought I should create a thread with a title making it clear that we won't be able to run restauranteurs.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    That's totally fine for me. I don't intend on making a restaurant for my sim. What I want is create restaurants or download ones from the gallery and make my sims eat there! I can pretend other sims are buying to eat at home, but my sim family will buy and eat there, and that's completely fine for me. What is NOT fine is that this whole bakery thing was a complete fabrication then, because customers on your sims bakery wouldn't eat there, like the trailer showed.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    This was confirmed weeks ago. I don't get why everyone is so upset about it today lol. It's been pretty obvious from every time they've said you cannot have a service as a business and that this pack is focusing on retail as far as buying and selling.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Old news dear OP. Many apologies, but perhaps you could join one of the other 3 threads that beat you to the post and are currently raining woe upon the forums. Your combined tears will make a great bath water for my baby alien hybrid! <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    This was confirmed weeks ago. I don't get why everyone is so upset about it today lol. It's been pretty obvious from every time they've said you cannot have a service as a business and that this pack is focusing on retail as far as buying and selling.

This.

• Options

Well if it was, I and a ton of other simmers were unaware.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Well that bites, I was so looking forward to seeing a bunch of sims doing sit-up's & push-up's in the middle of a cafe. :(
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2015

@Alysha1988 It wasn't confirmed at all. No one was talking about selling services or making "true restaurants." Just logical gameplay of seeing sims eat food that they've purchased. Especially since we've seen trailers that show sims sitting and eating in bakeries.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

@Alysha1988 It wasn't confirmed at all. No one was talking about selling services or making "true restaurants." Just logical gameplay of seeing sims eat food that they've purchased. Especially since we've seen trailers that show sims sitting and eating in bakeries.
    That's so very true, we have seen screenshots of various game trailers were sims were sitting down and eating in a bakery. :)

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member
    Does anyone know if we even have a bakery in the ep? I've heard there isn't one coming with it and I've also heard one is being included.

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited March 2015
    Nevermind.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Amiutza

Well he seems to have contradicted himself than, because he clearly said here that they will not.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Does anyone know if we even have a bakery in the ep? I've heard there isn't one coming with it and I've also heard one is being included.

They have objects designed specifically for a bakery and I think one of the lots in Magnolia Promenade either has bakery in its name or has a name that sounds like a bakery. Also they've talked a lot about the new baking skill, and running a bakery.

The Sims 4 Get To Work: Running a Bakery is No Cake Walk
    http://simscommunity.net/2015/03/11/the-sims-4-get-to-work-running-a-bakery-is-no-cake-walk/
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    @Amiutza

Well he seems to have contradicted himself than, because he clearly said here that they will not.

Nevermind, tweet was ambiguous. Sadly i was wrong.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

They have objects designed specifically for a bakery and I think one of the lots in Magnolia Promenade either has bakery in its name or has a name that sounds like a bakery. Also they've talked a lot about the new baking skill, and running a bakery.

The Sims 4 Get To Work: Running a Bakery is No Cake Walk
    http://simscommunity.net/2015/03/11/the-sims-4-get-to-work-running-a-bakery-is-no-cake-walk/

Yeah, I think Cat's talking about an actual bakery lot that's already set up and ready to go. I haven't heard anything about this, yet. But I was under the impression that we'd get the lot that had a bakery in the basement. I hope so. At least with the gallery, it won't be hard to snag one and place in the 'hood.
  • Options
    FireproxxyFireproxxy Posts: 109 Member
    We all knew we couldn't run restaurants with actual waitress/waiter etc. I just didn't think they're going to just leave even though they showed something completely different whenever a bakery was in shot in the "official gameplay" trailers...
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Old news dear OP. Many apologies, but perhaps you could join one of the other 3 threads that beat you to the post and are currently raining woe upon the forums. Your combined tears will make a great bath water for my baby alien hybrid! <3

Perhaps you didn't mean it this way, but I am so glad my disappointment in a game I was actually looking forward to until recent news, that I'm expected by EA to pay £30 for the privilege of playing even though everything I wanted to do with the pack has been stripped out / been used merely as a means to deceive me amuses you.
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member

Wait, are hybrids confirmed? I'm thinking, as there is a lack of info on hybrids, they might not come. By hybrids I mean, half-half, not just an offspring of an Alien and a normal Sim, but eventually become either, but not both. I'm really afraid about hybrids in game.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    But, the second one says they will eat at the bakery. I intend to set my lot type as bakery, but sell other dishes.

Only your sims will eat at the bakery, the sims you own, if you have a bakery NPC's will not eat there.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1