Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to avoid alien interactions.

Okey, so I finally got it! This is how to avoid unwanted alien interactions...

First of all, aktivate "testingcheats":
1) Ctrl+C
2) Write: testingcheatsenabled true

To abort an abduction in early progress:
1) Pause the game
2) Ctrl + C
3) ResetSim FirstName LastName (of your Sim) ENTER

To get rid of an alien who are outside your house investigating:
1) Pause the game
2) Shift + click
3) Choose "Object..."
4) Click "Delete it"
5) *Poff" the alien disapperes!

-Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I'd think resetting the alien would be safer for your game. Plus, if they are just outside the house, they're harmless, and much less invasive than zombies IMO.

Other options include a mod at simasylum (free registration required), or you can use NRaas Retuner to set all the abduction and visitation chances to zero.

Or, for abductions: avoid collecting space rocks and using the telescope. If your sim does, keep them off the lot between midnight and 3 am. For visitations: avoid keeping space rocks on the property, and avoid becoming friends with aliens (or having alien babies). There will still be a 1% chance for abductions and 2% chance for visitations though.
  • Options
    LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    I rarely use the telescope, but good warning with it to avoid abductions.

As for visitors, my sentient plumbot tends to ambush them when they show up since he is usually working on skills all night.

Most aliens wander off after a short conversation chain with my bot, a few stick around to talk to my sims, and one had to be told to leave before they almost died again (it froze moments after arriving, and almost starved later on).

If the visitors start to get annoying, I can just put my space rock collection into a container to deter the aliens.
  • Options
    Antonije986Antonije986 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2015
    Listen to me, people! There is a terrible scourge sweeping our planet! Heed my warning, before it is too late!
    A plague spreads through our streets! We cannot sit idly by while this pox infects our society!
    The evil walks among us! The enemy is here! We must act now before we are overrun with the vermin invaders!
    LOL :smiley:
  • Options
    Antonije986Antonije986 Posts: 9 New Member
    If they visit your lot just ignore what is happening outside and they will leave. If they try to abduct your sim just block him with wall around them or delete door so he could not go outside to investigate anomaly.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I sell all space rocks and don't keep any moonrocks at the house. I've never had a problem where a sim had to investigate an anomaly without these things present (crossing fingers), but if I did, I would do as @Antonije986 says above. Make it impossible for them to get outside. I generally only use Resetsim as a very last resort.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley