Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freckle Test for Rock'nLlama

@Rock'nLlama wanted to know if freckles pass on genetically. So I thought to be nice and I'm doing a freckle test for her. The test consists of six adult sims: Lily, Susy, Mary, Josh, John, Mike. Three families: Dependent, Variable, and Experiment because I wanna sound scientific.
Dependent family: Lily and Josh Dependent. Lily and Josh both have freckles.
Variable Family: Susy and John Variable. Susy has freckles, John does not.
Experiment Family: Mary and Mike Experiment. Mary does not have freckles, Mike does.
I did not take the time to actually make them. I just hit shuffle and gave the appropriate sims freckles, and traits.
I won't use nraas first, except I will use it ONLY for setting the amount of sims in a household to 20, just for my sake, and going with it. Each sim couple will have as many kids as possible from YA to Elder. I will try and keep tally on this information. I will cheat for money, cause this is gonna cost lots, and keep record of who has freckles and who doesn't. Also I want to see if skin complexion and eye color carries on. So Mary and John are both black, pretty dark. Lily, Josh, and Mike has green eyes. Susy, John, and Mary have blue eyes. But we'll mainly focus on freckles. I'll record how many kids each couple had, what passed on and what didn't, and tell you.
4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif

Comments

• Options
    Rock'nLlamaRock'nLlama Posts: 175 Member
    Eieeee!!! How exciting!!! Thank you so much, you're going all pro on this! :D
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    I don't think freckles are inherited, but it's cool that you are doing this experiment. Good luck with it, it would be cool if it worked out.
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    Even if they don't I'm having fun. I also redid it, so I instead have just Dependent and Variable couples.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    They have to be something because I have seen some simmers have children born with freckles, surely they aren't just random happenings. I would love to know, too, because I have made Sims with freckles and thus, the Sims I have birthed (typically, one parent has them, and one does not.) have never had freckles. I finally gave up, but still give my founders freckles. Lol Thanks for doing this!
  • Options
    Okay so my remake had a few name changes and changes I could agree with. First off we have Marissa and Micah Dependent. The other two are Felicia and Alejandro Variable. Both Marissa and Micah have freckles. Marissa is a ginger and Micah is blond. Next we have Felicia and Alejandro. Felicia is also blond with freckles. Alejandro is black haired without freckles. He's also tan, giving him a darker and Hispanic skin complexion. I purposely did this to see what passes on such as: hair color, hair type, eyes, FRECKLES, body hair, body type, and traits. Now the main reason I changed from six to four was because I was having major issues with the household size, I forgot how and thought the extra couple was unnecessary. I'll do it the same as before, simply cheat for money to move into a bigger home and then no nraas allowed. Have the couples have as many kids as they do from YA to elder and record results.

Now how do I put up pictures? I wanna show what the sims look like for now.
  • Options
    CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    To put a picture on here, it's basically this:
    [ img ] link here [ /img ]
  • Options
    I meant my own pictures from my gallery
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Your pictures have to be uploaded online somewhere unfortunately, so you need to upload them somewhere and then get the link and use that code. You can use anywhere photobucket, flickr, tinypic are all free options among others. You can also share them to your TS3 studio and use that. I'd personally just use an image sharing site, but it's an option if you want to use it.
  • Options
    Okay so the Variables had ten kids. Felicia was the one with freckles. Interestingly enough, NONE of the kids have freckles... But they all have their dads skin tone, either black or blond hair like their parents (with one brown haired child), either green or grey eyes like the parents, and various mixes. The only thing that definitely carried was the skin tone.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    yeah i LOVE freckles, so i have been trying to get genetic freckles in game since base game and i dont think i ever once got freckles or beautymarks to pass down. i gave up and just got a custom freckle skin ^_^ if you do get some, awesome! great job! you have had better luck than i lol
  • Options
    Zeri wrote: »
    yeah i LOVE freckles, so i have been trying to get genetic freckles in game since base game and i dont think i ever once got freckles or beautymarks to pass down. i gave up and just got a custom freckle skin ^_^ if you do get some, awesome! great job! you have had better luck than i lol

I think it's really weird considering everything else passed, like traits and eye color. I considered freckles would and even aged them up to child and yeah, none have freckles! Maybe it's because freckles is where you'll also find makeup, which is optional. So maybe the system considers freckles the optional makeup and therefor not genetic?
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    perhaps, but they also made it where you cna only add freckles in CAS not in change appearance, which is dumb. before i had my freckle skin i has some cc blushes that looked like freckles, so those were pretty decent. my freckles skin is genetic tho so i dont need to use those anymore :)

here is a pic of one of my freckly sims. with the genetic skin, as you can see, hes pretty gosh darn freckly ^_^ Screenshot-360.jpg
  • Options
    perhaps, but they also made it where you cna only add freckles in CAS not in change appearance, which is dumb. before i had my freckle skin i has some cc blushes that looked like freckles, so those were pretty decent. my freckles skin is genetic tho so i dont need to use those anymore :)

here is a pic of one of my freckly sims. with the genetic skin, as you can see, hes pretty gosh darn freckly ^_^ Screenshot-360.jpg

Maybe we need the freckle skin then to have it so. I find it annoying because when I remade the Sims, I won't lie they looked pretty cute with their freckleness. I was hoping it'll pass with at least two of the kids but nope
  • Options

Oh my gosh, drool!! I love those freckles!!!

• Options
    Well to update: NO freckles passed. Even between the two sims with freckles, they were freckle-less. Nothing. Everything but that passed. I was too irritated. Luckily I got to see that eye colors, hair colors (funny seeing blond and ginger have babies) skin color, and overall looks passed.
  • Options
    I thought as much x.x such a shame!!
    But thank for you doing the test regardless <3
  • Options
    No problem. It irritated me a lot but I had fun with the test and created four sexy sims I'm proud of!