Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bridgeport: Better or Worse Than Other Cities?

Bridgeport, a new city implemented in the Sims 3 Night Life is a city of high rises. Personally, I think it's the best aspect of Night Life, but what do you think? Do you like the city, or do you prefer the suburban atmosphere of the other towns? I would say that if you were contemplating getting Night Life, go for it. The city is beautiful, and it has so many more entertainment options in the city like bars and lounges. The apartments are fun to live in, and the lifestyle that goes with the new city makes the game more interesting. These are Bridgeport's pros. Do you have any cons?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I didn't like the penthouse apartments. The camera was annoying to control and the elevators were awfully slow. I also did not like the bouncer/rope system to limit access to the clubs. I found it silly, time consuming when sims don't have a lot of hours to waste, and ultimately frustrating. The best experience I had in Bridgeport was playing a budding author, with a part time job at the science center (he was an alien) who wrote by day, worked part time, then partied each night at the Grind. That was a ton of fun once I figured out anyone could get into the Grind. Bridgeport can be absolutely awesome once you figure out where to go and where to avoid.

I love the entertainment options of the different bars and have added at least one to every other world I play - usually the Grind since it's not a high rise. I'm trying to re-purpose the Brightmore by deleting the high rise shell, but haven't finished that yet. If I ever do, that will be the go to night club for my future games.

I eventually did prepare a vacation version of Bridgeport. I added a base camp (the one from France), eliminated the barrier ropes which spawn the bouncers, and tweaked all the clubs. I use it now as a vacation spot via NRaas Traveler and really like world now. Except it still gets constant "unroutable sim" messages with NRaas Error Trap, whereas other worlds do not. And I'm playing with ellacharmed's version with fixed routing issues.

Overall I think Bridgeport had a ton of potential. It's beautiful, interesting, different from other worlds, and a city. But EA borked it with the routing issues, and the restrictive celebrity/club bouncer mechanic takes away from a lot of the fun. It's like a lot of TS3 in general: fantastic ideas marred by bad implementation.

That's just my opinion. I'd play it more if it played better, but being what it is, and compared to so many other worlds which play much better, it's just not that attractive vs. other choices. At least for me.
  • Options
    KiwiSyd1202KiwiSyd1202 Posts: 24 New Member
    > @TreyNutz said:
    > I didn't like the penthouse apartments. The camera was annoying to control and the elevators were awfully slow. I also did not like the bouncer/rope system to limit access to the clubs. I found it silly, time consuming when sims don't have a lot of hours to waste, and ultimately frustrating.

I see what you mean here. At first when I was testing the pack out, the high rises were frustrating, and the prospect of becoming a celebrity was the only thing that drove me forward. The controls were awkward, but after a while I got used to the high rise living. I do agree that the bouncer system is silly, and I didn't like it very much. One problem I found was that even in a "hotspot," the place was completely deserted. Kind of frustrating, but the high rise living kept me in the city.

> @TreyNutz said:
    > I eventually did prepare a vacation version of Bridgeport. I added a base camp (the one from France), eliminated the barrier ropes which spawn the bouncers, and tweaked all the clubs. I use it now as a vacation spot via NRaas Traveler and really like world now. Except it still gets constant "unroutable sim" messages with NRaas Error Trap, whereas other worlds do not. And I'm playing with ellacharmed's version with fixed routing issues.

This was a really good idea. I never would have thought of it.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I can't play in the original EA Bridgeport, because the city lags too much for me.

However, I downloaded "My Bridgeport" by Rflong7 and populated it with the sims from the original Bridgeport. I now play it as a vacation world with Traveler mod and it is a lot more fun. For years, I avoided Bridgeport.
  • Options
    redvelvet redvelvet Posts: 41 Member
    The travel around Bridgeport is slow and in my opinion there are way too many NPCs. But other than that, it's pretty interesting with the clubs and such.
  • Options
    savagemamasavagemama Posts: 51 Member
    I dont like it for a few reasons. I like to have families and there are no kids in the town unless you add them yourself. The nightclubs are really cool but can take forever to access between long waits for elevators and trying to get through bouncers. I dont like the tiny apartments at all, and it takes forever to drive from the "suburbs" and takes even longer to take the subway!

I do like how colorful the residents are. I have saved some of the bars and I place them in other towns and remove the restrictions on who can visit. Overall I have only played this town for about a week (real time) and got bored and have not gone back
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    If you use NRAAS "Error trap," "overwatch" and use "register" to get rid of the limos, it's much better. Sims get stuck in elevators and in a lot of the flats in Bridgeport, so you need overwatch to clean up the city every night or you'll get glitches galore. Beautifully designed though.
  • Options
    BeorthedogBeorthedog Posts: 33 Member
    I dislike cities but... OMAGAWSH! Those beautiful parks! This city got boring quickly, but thats probably just my love of nature
    I just got promoted to a member :P
    I'm a TOTAL newby to the sims, and I suck at building houses.
    I wanna become a comic book artist someday :D
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    I love Bridgeport, but I was born and raised in a big city, moved to another big city for college, and live in another big city now. So it feels homey to me. :)
  • Options
    DanielLaMontDanielLaMont Posts: 100 Member
    While the original Bridgeport is beautiful, it's unplayable because of poor routing and several other glitches. I finally installed Rflong7's My Bridgeport and now it's my new favorite world.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I play it more often than any other world (custom and EA). I have tried other cities but none had the atmosphere of Bridgeport, it's hard to explain.
    oh3cjs.jpg