Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems with Origin

Hello everyone! I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems downloading Sims 4 from origin? I bought the game from the Sims site and then when I went to Origin to download it, it does not show up. I have searched all the online sources and nothing helps. I have hit the refresh games button. I have restarted my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin. Also, the game DOES show in my purchase history. I could really use any tips or help!

Comments

• Options
    Kayt75Kayt75 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm having the same issue, wish I could figure it out. The Sims 4 is showing up in my games library, but when I hover over the game it says "This game is only available on Windows" and gives me no option to download it.

I also have restarted my computer. And uninstalled and re-installed Origin.

Frustrated!
  • Options
    sarahhuff53sarahhuff53 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have had so many problems with Origin in the past but this one really bums me out because I have been counting down the days until Sims 4 would be released on Mac :(

Now I cannot even log into Origin at all and it says they are going through maintenance. Fingers crossed that this is what they are fixing!
  • Options
    ZacharyZachary Posts: 68 Member
    I can't even buy the game from them. It won't accept my payment. I ordered a redeem code on Amazon, entered the code, and it doesn't even show to download! So frustrated.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    If the problem continues, you may need to contact EA. They can usually help sort it out.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    sarahhuff53sarahhuff53 Posts: 3 New Member
    UPDATE:

I am also currently on a Origin forum and it seems that they are aware of the outage and it is effecting buying games, redeeming codes, and changing settings. I have asked about this problem to see if that is connected to this outage.
  • Options
    jmt313aerojmt313aero Posts: 17 Member
    I'm having problems too. I literally clicked the download button right when it came out and my wifi isn't the greatest and waited 6 hours and it was only on 42 %. I tried fixing the wifi and i paused the download and then it kept on saying download failed and now I have to restart the download... I'm so furios!!!!
  • Options
    ZacharyZachary Posts: 68 Member
    I got a reply from EA and they linked me to their twitter account stating: EA is currently experiencing an outage. EA games, services & support may be impacted. We’re working to resolve as fast as possible.
  • Options
    Kayt75Kayt75 Posts: 5 New Member
    Seems to be working this morning. Has everyone else's issues been resolved?