Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbowcy

I was wondering if anyone had any updated rules for this challenge for the Sims 4. I tried to do a search but only Sims 3 stuff came up.

Comments

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited January 2017
    @nikki324 I'm a huge fan of this challenge but there aren't any actual rules to it you just start with a neutral sim and add in different color sims but with sims 4 the colored skintones are limited unless you put in custom skins and I'm not entirely sure how the blending of skintones work you could try it and see how it goes.
    Post edited by cmbaker16 on
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Typically you just start out with a white Sim. As pale as you can get and then have her or him marry the next color until you get through all the colors of the rainbow. I have one where jobs match the hair and eye colors but I think someone may have posted something like already.
  • Options
    nikki324nikki324 Posts: 72 Member
    Yeah I went to try it out and realized that skin tones and even hair and eye color are pretty limited. I usually play with pretty 'natural' looking Sims but I wanted to try something different out. I started out with a white haired girl with very pale eyes and skin and had her marry a red headed guy with reddish eyes. Their daughter has brown hair and purple eyes >:( so I don't think its working quite right. I'd be interested to know what jobs you use for each color though @glimmer50
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    This challenge was originally posted for Sims 3 by Gliztyangel at this link: http://glitzyangel-sim.blogspot.com/2010/10/rainbow-legacy-rules.html

I changed the careers to match Sims 4. So, the 1st generation kids would have the red careers, Orange 2nd generation and so forth. I also tried to match Aspirations to jobs.

The Main Idea
    This Legacy challenge is made up of 8 generations counting the founder. The idea is to go through the colors of the rainbow, and match your family as close to their color coded generation as possible. Custom content and custom townies is encouraged. The end of the Legacy is when the last person dies in the Violet generation.

Basic Rules

1. Your founder may be female or male, have any traits, LTW, and any career.

2. They must be as multicolored as you can make them. For every multicolor body part they have, you get 1 point. (Body part being eyes, skin, hair.)-I started with white with a red husband.

3. Optional: Each child born in their color generation must be named aptly. Example: Children born in the Red generation need to be named in relation the color red. (Garnet, Ruby, Heart, Cherry, Heat). Go as crazy as you like.

4. The order of the generations is suggested to be kept as:
    Gen 1: White + Red
    Gen 2: Orange
    Gen 3: Yellow
    Gen 4: Green
    Gen 5: Blue
    Gen 6: Violet

5. Each color has a matched career path(s) and or Aspiration. Roll for career.

(5)Red (Danger and Anger) –Deviance – Public Enemy Path (Job: Criminal (Boss or Oracle), Athletic- Body Builder (Job: Astronomer- Smuggler), Deviance- Public Enemy (Job: Secret Agent- Villain), Deviance – Chief of Mischief (Job: Any)

(6)Orange (Creativity and Healing) –Food-Master Chef (Job: Culinary-Chef), Creativity- Painter (Job: Painter -Master of the Real) , Creativity-Musical Genius (Job: Entertainer –Musician- Focus on violin), Food- Master Mixologist (Job: Culinary-Mixologist), Love- Hopeful Romantic (Job: Any), Love- Soul mate the one (Job: Any)

(4)Yellow (Creative and Concentration) - Creativity- Author Path (Job: Writer-Author), Creativity -Musical Genius (Job: Entertainer-Focus on Guitar), Painter Extraordinaire (Painter- Patron of the Arts), Knowledge- Renaissance Sim (Job: Any)

(5)Green (Nature, Fertility and Life) – Family-Big Happy Family (Job: Any), Nature- Freelance Botanist (Job: Tech Guru- Start up Entrepreneur), Nature- Angling Ace (Job: Any), Nature- Curator Collector (Job: Any), Knowledge- Nerd – book smart and handy(Job: Any), Nature-Outdoor Enthusiast(job: None)

(5)Blue (Calming, Open to Communication) - Family – Successful Lineage (Job: Any), Creativity Author Path (Job: Writer- Journalism), Knowledge- Music- Entertainer- Focus on piano), Knowledge- Computer Whiz (Job: Tech Guru-eSport Gamer), Popularity- Joke Star (Job: Entertainer- Comedian)

(6)Violet (Good Judgment, Artists) – Popularity-Friend of the World (Job: Any), Athletic- Body Builder (Job- Secret Agent- Diamond), Athletic- Body Builder (Job: Astronomer- Space Ranger), Fortune – Fabulously Wealthy or Mansion Baron (Job: none), Popularity- Party Animal (Job: Any)

7. You may make your own townies in an attempt to make children born with their generations color, as children born matching their generation’s namesake will get an additional one point.

8. Each generation must have at least two children.