Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would re-releasing in a year with a better Sims 4 be practical?

Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Since EA obviously messed up with cramming The Sims 4 development in to about 2 years, would it be possible for them to just re-release the game in a year or so? It would include at least no loading screens between neighboring houses/lots, toddlers, higher polygon counts on objects, actual babies, and teens made shorter and look more like teens. They've already fixed some of the main complaints, why not fix all of them. People who already bought the game could get it highly discounted or free. This way The Sims doesn't die out and The Sims 4 is what everyone wanted/ expected. If you think this is a good idea, please post anything else you would want that seems possible in a small time frame, or tell me its not practical.

Comments

• Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    Whether or not I think it's a good idea is largely irrelevant, because I believe that would be next to impossible for EA to do that with their budget. EA would not give them a whole other budget to create a new game. Even if they were to, it would take much more than 2 years to create a new base game. :)
  • Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    I think they will fix all the "problems" that fans complain about. I do not think they would do anything differently if they could re realise the sims 4. They did everything for a reason, they are probably two years ahead of us in plans for the game and have everything planned out (more or less..) I belivie in this game :)
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    There is no way EA is decent enough to do this, anyone recall battlefield 4??? They rushed and rushed and rushed dice to finish the game so it could be released, and when it came out it was buggy unplayable mess that was never really fully fixed, people were even suggesting doing exactly this, rereleasing the game, and it never happened, and I doubt it ever will with any of EA's games.... All they'll do is keep releasing patches saying they're fixing things but who really knows..?
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,866 Member
    I don't think it would be either practical from a business stand point OR even possible at this point. I think the Sims 4 ship has sailed as far as it being what we've got and what they have to work with.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.