Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a limit for CC?

I recently ran into the issue where my sims could not cook through the fridge or stove. I had repaired my game via Origin, cleaned my cache files and the issue persisted. Next I removed pieces of CC and that fixed the issue. I then added another piece of CC and you guessed it, the problem returned again. So this time I removed the one and only mod I had, but left that recent piece of CC in, no more cooking problems. I know it isn't the CC causing the issue as I only download from a very few select creators who's items I have used in the past and have had no problems with.

So the question I have is, Is there a limit to how much CC and/or mods we can have in the mods folder?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    How much do you have? Mine says 476MB, but I don't have issues with things like not cooking.
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    Mine is at 468MB. I didn't have issue's with putting in CC and having this issue occur until after the last patch. Another friend of mine is also having the same issue, but she's experimented and discovered that if she takes one item out and puts two items back in one at a time, checking her game in between, she doesn't have any issue's until after the second item is put in.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Mine is at 468MB. I didn't have issue's with putting in CC and having this issue occur until after the last patch. Another friend of mine is also having the same issue, but she's experimented and discovered that if she takes one item out and puts two items back in one at a time, checking her game in between, she doesn't have any issue's until after the second item is put in.

How many files do you have in the folder?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    I don't think CC is the issue. What you are dealing with is the refridgerator glitch. Which I have had from before I even had any CC in my game.
  • Options

How many files do you have in the folder?

I don't have any sub-folders.

• Options
    RSully94 wrote: »
    I don't think CC is the issue. What you are dealing with is the refridgerator glitch. Which I have had from before I even had any CC in my game.

I don't believe CC itself is the issue, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there is now a limit as to how much you can put into the folder/game. I, myself, think that the last patch did something as I have never had this issue before.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have 53.6 MB of CC and I haven't had problems. Mine is mostly clothes and makeup.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641