Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food grilled in GF now in family inventory?

It looks like all of the food my Sim grilled in GF but had no where to store, wound up in his family inventory! Duh! Am I the only one that didn't notice that this was happening? :o

Comments

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Yeah don't take it out. Mine had not finished grilled fruit on the BBQ on the go when the sims went home. It is now on the floor on the sims house ( off) but sims cant throw it out. It can't be deleted with any cheat I know
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Yeah don't take it out. Mine had not finished grilled fruit on the BBQ on the go when the sims went home. It is now on the floor on the sims house ( off) but sims cant throw it out. It can't be deleted with any cheat I know

Oh wow! Can you resume cooking it? :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately No, the only option is throw away. But when I click it, the sims give me the routing failure. It is now off but thankfully the sims don't register it, so no uncomfortable moodlet
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I had the same thing with the almost grilled fruit. Leave it be.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what to do! There are probably 10 meals in there, and I can't sell them. Hmmm....guess I'll just leave them in family inventory! :(
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Save your game, then try putting them on a counter and see if you can interact with them. If you can, problem solved. If not, you can just go back to the save. I tried this just now with an empty plate that was in family inventory and it worked. My sim also had Clean Out Dirty Dishes as a self-interaction but that didn't help with the plate in inventory.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Can you go back to Granite Falls and leave them there?
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    Can you go back to Granite Falls and leave them there?
    I did not think of that!
    I'd love to try it with my floor shish kabobs, but I already pulled them out of the inventory. I'm going to reload a save from a long time ago to check if going back while it's still in your inventory works.

Result: Can't retrieve out of family inventory to place in sim inventory. Can't drag onto ground from family inventory at campsite because you cannot build/buy from campsite "while on vacation." Once theyre in your family inventory, unfinished foods such as shish kabobs and grilled fruit become glitched. You cannot sell while it's in the inventory because "this item cannot be deleted."

I also tried to go over to the forest to see if you can build/buy there. You can. It opened the family inventory, but nothing was in it, unfortunately. Once I clicked off, the option became grayed out.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Wow! Is this happening to a lot of people?! How did this not get picked up by the developers in testing? I hope they are aware of this now and are working on a fix. I obsess over a clean inventory.
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    you can resume cooking them on the grill - I don't think food in the household inventory goes bad, so there isn't a time limit like in their personal inventory. I posted this on another thread, but I can't remember where!

I dragged the hotdogs from the inventory onto the floor, then clicked on them to resume cooking and the sim cooked them on his BBQ (but the hotdogs remained on the floor throughout!) then when they were cooked and he served the plate, I made him clear it up before anyone ate them!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I was just checking my family inventory and there was a bowl of cereal. It was what he last had just before time was up. I was able to place it on the ground and from there, he was able to clean it up.
  • Options
    Just as a warning, I couldn't resume cooking on grilled fruit, it's now part of the furniture. I recommend ( as discussed earlier) saving, see if you can get rid of and exit without saving if you can't.
  • Options
    lizziebeth0890lizziebeth0890 Posts: 88 Member
    I have had already prepared food in my inventory from GF that I can throw away. Must just be an issue with food you were in the process of grilling? I will have to make sure not to let my sims start grilling when it is almost time to leave.
  • Options
    Ezuu123Ezuu123 Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2015
    If you have glitched ungrilled food on your house and you can't pick it up (or clean), just build walls around it, select the new created room with the food inside and delete it with the delete key. Its a lot of work but gets rid of the food at least.
  • Options
    Ezuu123 wrote: »
    If you have glitched ungrilled food on your house and you can't pick it up (or clean), just build walls around it, select the new created room with the food inside and delete it with the delete key. Its a lot of work but gets rid of the food at least.

Smart! :D
  • Options

@ezuu123 thanks great idea, will have to try it. Tried a lot that didn't work.
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Found this glitch rather quickly in the game, first thing I tried to cook and it won't finish, even without placing it in your inventory. Who grills fruit any ways??? Dumb thing to have in the menu and if you are going to have it as a recipe then how about finishing the coding???
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    So glad I came across this post!! I've had spoiled uncooked hamburger patties stuck in my Sims bedroom for SIM weeks now! Lol!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    Ivonne9090Ivonne9090 Posts: 1 New Member
    I found that if you alter the foundation of the room that the food is stuck on the floor in, you can delete it by moving a wall over the food (it highlights, indicating that whatever the wall is going to go over will delete all highlighted objects in its path) and it automatically deletes it when you place the wall on it.
  • Options
    rhiahunnrhiahunn Posts: 1 New Member
    So happy to have found this thread! I have had patties stuck on my floor for over a generation now! I tried chatting with tech support about it, but the guy just told me that I did not understand how the Sims worked and that sometimes Sims won't do certain things because they don't feel like it. But I already know that, I have been playing the Sims for years! When I try to clean it up my Sims gets a route failure and throws their hands up in the air. It was frustrating to hear that from the person who was supposed to be helping me that basically the reason they are there is because I don't know how to play the game. Ugh. Anyway, glad to have found this thread so now I can try some of the ideas y'all have posted!