Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant find these insects ... help !

My sim has searched high and low , day and night at the camping grounds , the National Forest and the Hermits secret location but cant find

*The walking stick
*Locust
*Rainbow Firefly
*Stinkbug

Any clues as to day or night hunting and location would be awesome

Comments

• Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    Rainbow Fireflies are at night near the public garden at the center of the campground. You can definitely tell they are different from the regular Fireflies.
    Ii80hpY.png
    Origin ID: SimHead82
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've found all of those, minus the walking stick.

I found the rainbow firefly in two places in the camping area, at night. One behind the last cabin near the creek (dunno the name of it, I bulldozed it.) The other spot was near the garden.

I think I found the locust right outside the national park building during the day.

As for the stink bug, they're actually in the forest. They're white and kinda hard to miss when unpaused.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Brilliant , Thanks :)
  • Options
    SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    I found two sets of rainbow fireflies at the hermit place at nighttime. Scored the walking stick there around Noon time too.

Having trouble with stink bug and something else that's "common" ... :/
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Found walking sticks just outside the park public bbq area. Kind of near a fireleaf looking plant
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    fellowsimmer28fellowsimmer28 Posts: 6 New Member
    no matter what I do I CANNOT find the walking stick! I have 2 sims waiting in two different locations of where I've heard the walking stick spawns and nothing but jewel bettles... I've collected each spawn in sight for 6 sim days now! It's making me really mad because I'm so close to fineshing the collection....walking stick uncommon my foot! I've caught all the rare ones before this one! PLEASE HELP!! Is there a cheat or something?? I'm desperate!
  • Options
    BanjoraBanjora Posts: 19 Member
    I can't find the walking stick either. I had a Sim extend his vacation twice (for a total of 21 vacation days) while camped outside the hermit's circular herb garden and only jewel beetles would spawn. I also checked to the right of the water fall in the same area and no walking sticks ever appeared. I eventually got bored of collecting jewel beetles and sent my sim home. I assumed it was just bad luck, but I find it interesting that others are having a similar experience. So now I'm wondering if there's some sort of 'bug' with the walking stick spawning...
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    For me, the walking sticks are in the hermit's area. If you face the waterfalls, they will be to the right inside the circle of rocks. But they are usually only there around noontime.

I've found the stinkbugs in a couple of spots in the national forest. One, iirc, is near the entrance to the cave to the hermit's place.
  • Options
    KatieKattKatieKatt Posts: 2 New Member
    I still haven't been able to find locusts any other places you've found them at besides in front of the national park building??
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    The Insects List here is really helpful. :)