Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Catalogue tagging: Missing/unused categories?

pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
edited December 2014 in Build/Buy Custom Content
In the list in \tun\S4_tag_03B33DDF_00000000_D89CB9186B79ACB7.xml there are tags like e.g. <T ev="195">BuyCatLD_LawnOrnament</T> that don't seem to be actually useable in game (I can assign them and search for them, but then they only break the UI, screenshot 1 / screenshot 2). Leftovers from earlier development stages, I guess? Or reserved for later use?

Is it feasible to enable them somehow -- I mean, what would the missing bits be? In the tuning files everything else about tags seems to be localisation, but I have a feeling the categories might actually be tuneable .. or would this just need more tags to work properly?

I do realise I would also need a clickypointy thing in the left part of the interface -- regarding lawn ornaments I was thinking of either making Outdoor > Sculptures show both Sculptures and Lawn Ornaments somehow(?), or perhaps even replacing that picture with one that also has a flamingo since the UI seems to be moddable .. but step one would be to make it show up in the first place, I assume, since otherwise I'd have no way to check if any UI mod would be actually working. Also, changing the actual picture might not be a good idea after all (who knows what the next patch will change ..).

Thoughts? Ideas? @SimGuruEugi, perhaps?

Edit: also, in the TagCategories list, what is the meaning of these abbreviations:

<T ev="86">BuyCatEE</T>
<T ev="89">BuyCatSS</T>
<T ev="90">BuyCatVO</T>

BuyCatPA seems to be Plumbing/Appliances, LD = Lights/Deco .. ? But these other ones I cannot make sense of. EE looks like Entertainment and .. Esomethingelse?
Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
Post edited by pbox on

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    My guesses:
    EE = entertainment and electronics
    SS = surfaces and seating

BuyCatVO appears to be unused.

The Build/Buy UI is controlled by the UI code, which is not in Python. I'm unaware of a straightforward way to mod that. Sorry.