Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it worth it?

Opinions, ratings etc on Supernatural? I'm thinking of getting it but I'm not sure whether I should get this or a different pack, or if it's even worth considering.

All opinions would be awesome =D

Comments

• Options
    CassandraNightCassandraNight Posts: 60 New Member
    Depends on what you like, really. If you're into really old fashioned, vintage stuff, and you want a bunch of new life states to play with, then definitely. I actually love playing as fairies and witches--vampires are okay. They're not terrible, but I'm not in love with them. I haven't tried out for werewolves, yet.

I love Supernatural, but the one big put off is actually a *really* big put-off for me: zombies. I hate zombies. I mean, I hate zombies, period, not just in The Sims. To make matters worse, there's no button to turn off zombies, like there is for the other life states (excluding human).

But otherwise, I'd probably suggest getting it.
  • Options
    PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    I think it's worth it, especially now with the game being $20 or less sometimes on sales since the game is older. Personally, I love creating sims so if you like that too, I'd recommend the game because you get a lot of new CAS options. There are a lot of gothic style options for housing or really pretty flowery designs for fairies so it was nice creating a town with a theme like this. There is also a spell shop which is really nice because there are spells to level up friend levels or turn sims in Supernatural beings. Witches can also make the potions they sell in the shops. Overall, new lifestates really add a lot to the game and if they are annoying, you can turn them off. Zombies do spawn like crazy though and as long as you put a fence around your garden a night, do not leave a gate because they can get through, I didn't find them that annoying. I highly recommend it, so highly that I hope it's the first expansion for Sims 4 :)
    Sims 3 Wishlist
  • Options
    LeelooLeeloo Posts: 130 Member
    I really love supernatural. I really enjoy all the different life states.

> @CassandraNight said:
    > Depends on what you like, really. If you're into really old fashioned, vintage stuff, and you want a bunch of new life states to play with, then definitely. I actually love playing as fairies and witches--vampires are okay. They're not terrible, but I'm not in love with them. I haven't tried out for werewolves, yet.
    >
    > I love Supernatural, but the one big put off is actually a *really* big put-off for me: zombies. I hate zombies. I mean, I hate zombies, period, not just in The Sims. To make matters worse, there's no button to turn off zombies, like there is for the other life states (excluding human).
    >
    > But otherwise, I'd probably suggest getting it.

I hate the zombies too -- especially since they eat your garden! But I've found that putting a fence around the garden and locking it helps that. You can't get rid of the sound though :neutral_face:

Another annoying thing for me is that when you go to a new town that's not moonlight falls (one of my favorite towns, btw) it's randomized who's a supernatural and who's not even though it may not fit their story. That can be easily fixed with population control though.

Overall I highly recommend it for the life states and the town! Lots of fun pre-made families there.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    TigerzRawr wrote: »
    Opinions, ratings etc on Supernatural? I'm thinking of getting it but I'm not sure whether I should get this or a different pack, or if it's even worth considering.<br />
    <br />

Supernatural is the best TS3 expansion in my opinion.
    I can not play TS3 without Supernatural anymore.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    Depends on what you like, really. If you're into really old fashioned, vintage stuff, and you want a bunch of new life states to play with, then definitely. I actually love playing as fairies and witches--vampires are okay. They're not terrible, but I'm not in love with them. I haven't tried out for werewolves, yet.<br />
    <br />
    I love Supernatural, but the one big put off is actually a *really* big put-off for me: zombies. I hate zombies. I mean, I hate zombies, period, not just in The Sims. To make matters worse, there's no button to turn off zombies, like there is for the other life states (excluding human).<br />
    <br />

You can turn off zombies by turning off ''Lunar cycle'' in the game options.

• Options
    CassandraNightCassandraNight Posts: 60 New Member
    edited November 2014
    So let's say I make it full moon put the lunar cycle is off--the zombies'll stay away? Or would I have to make the moon some other state? I know the zombies won't be there if it's constantly new moon or half-moon, buuut. . . .
  • Options
    lisahayleylisahayley Posts: 37 Member
    It's my fav EP actually! I think u should get it if you are into fantasy, and like old stuff. Lots of the content it has is nice as well and has a goth type of look to it
  • Options
    ScarlettFireflyScarlettFirefly Posts: 74 Member
    Supernatural is AWESOME, must I say. My favorite EP. Well, next to Late Night.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I loved this EP which surprised me as I thought I'd hate it. I got it for $5.00 so it was well worth it just for the extra content. The LLAMA stations (mini-subways) and alchemy career are awesome.

Something very satisfiying when your Sim chats up another Sim and s/he yawns in his/her face and you say "you witch" and you can throw an elixir at her and make her an actual witch.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I absolutely loved this EP! There was so much detail in it, from the vintage décor to the new life states. My favourite was witches, they were brilliant. As their magic grew you could use bigger, more powerful spells like cleaning the house or turning your neighbours into toads. Lol.

And there were the cute little kiddie brooksticks! Awwww.

In all honesty, I thought every life state was brilliant except the werewolf. I didn't like that they could burst into their wolf form if they got too angry or uncomfortable.

But, if you like the idea of playing supernaturals you are going to absolutely love this EP. :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Yes! This is my absolute favorite expansion for TS3, and one of my favorites for the entire sim series. The fantasy/horror aspect and the new life states are the focus, but there's so much more to it than just that. Moonlight Falls is a pretty nice town as EP towns go, the new harvestables and recipes are nice for gardeners and cooks. There's the alchemy skill, the fortune teller profession, new collectibles. The decor and furniture are really nice, and there are some fun interactive objects like the claw machine, whack-a-mole, rocking chairs, rocking horses, etc. It's just packed with a lot of fun content. Even if you don't play the new life states all of the time (which are awesome, by the way. I love fairies and witches), there's still a lot of great content here.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    So let's say I make it full moon put the lunar cycle is off--the zombies'll stay away? Or would I have to make the moon some other state? I know the zombies won't be there if it's constantly new moon or half-moon, buuut. . . .

You have to set the moon to a static phase other than full. For instance, I play with zombies sometimes when I'm in a town like Midnight Hollow or Moonlight Falls, but for every other town I set the moon to static waxing crescent so the zombies never come out.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I hate it. I hate it. I wish I never got it, complete waste of money. Everything it added was a bore and annoying in my opinion.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Silvermoon93Silvermoon93 Posts: 3 New Member
    Also going to vote that it is awesome C: I kind of wish it could have gone deeper, I'd love the werewolves to have more depth... and I do wish zombies could be turned off...

But it adds a whole different depth to the Sims world as is. When I get bored of regular sims I can always pick a different kind and it opens up many more challenges!
  • Options
    ladymadonnaladymadonna Posts: 141 Member
    ok i know this post is kind of old.. but i really couldn't pass without saying something... supernaturals was my favourite of all the expansions for sims 3! ok... its true the zombies are incredibly annoying, but easily turned off by switching off the full moon in your lunar cycle! the only real threat they pose is eating all of your plants! and i did enjoy (a little too much) making my "evil" witch sim set them on fire! i love all the extra stuff it comes with too... house decorations etc, and it makes a light relief when you get bored of ordinary sims! bloody brilliant!
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I love this EP. It made Sims 3 complete for me, but I have always loved the supernatural creatures.

If nothing else, you can turn all but the zombies off in Options, and for the zombies you'll just have to set the moon to a single state (not full moon) instead of a cycle. Or have a locked garden gate around your plants and live with them. They're boring and harmless.

Even without the different creatures, there's still Alchemy (and the Alchemist profession), the Fortune Teller career with the rabbithole, the new harvestables and collectibles, and the new recipes. (Call me childish, but I love the face of my Sim when they eat 'hot' food with chili in it!)
    And there's just a lot of new 'stuff'. :) Including paintings that go creepy at night and some curtains that fit a number of different windows. I use them a lot - more than I expected, actually.
    Oh, and there's the beekeeping box and a wardrobe that Sims can woohoo in. And I love the brooms. There's even a magic broom stand.

• Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Supernatural is a great addition and gives plenty of things to do I would recommend it. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    twirlbites123twirlbites123 Posts: 14 New Member
    if you're into fairies and witches etc i recommend it
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    I'm not a fan of it.
  • Options
    bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
    I really enjoy it, but as a storyteller player that likes working on fantasy tales, I was always going to.

If unusual life states interest you, I'd highly recommend it, as you get lots of interesting ones from just one pack.
  • Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    TigerzRawr wrote: »
    Opinions, ratings etc on Supernatural? I'm thinking of getting it but I'm not sure whether I should get this or a different pack, or if it's even worth considering.

It's my favorite expansion pack! I play Witches with Alchemy almost exclusively now, they can do anything!
  • Options
    Depends on what you like, really. If you're into really old fashioned, vintage stuff, and you want a bunch of new life states to play with, then definitely. I actually love playing as fairies and witches--vampires are okay. They're not terrible, but I'm not in love with them. I haven't tried out for werewolves, yet.

I love Supernatural, but the one big put off is actually a *really* big put-off for me: zombies. I hate zombies. I mean, I hate zombies, period, not just in The Sims. To make matters worse, there's no button to turn off zombies, like there is for the other life states (excluding human).

All you have to do to get rid of zombies is set a permanent phase for the moon that is anything other than "Full Moon", zombies only come out on a Full Moon night beginning at 6pm and ending at 5am the next morning.
  • Options

No, Full Moon is when zombies spawn.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    If you have NRAAS retuner you can use that to stop zombies from spawning.