Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will 1GB RAM Be Enough?

Hey guys, so I ordered the Sims 3 Starter Pack (Includes Sims 3, Sims Late Night, and Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff), as well as the Sims 3 Pets EP. I'm planning to install it on this ancient Macbook I got as a hand me down, and it only has 1 GB of RAM. I know that the system requirements say 2 GB of RAM is needed (Or at least, I think so...) But is it still possible to install the game correctly and be able to play it with the amount of RAM I have?

Comments

• Options
    SAMSPAIN22SAMSPAIN22 Posts: 202 Member
    You will be able to start the game but it won't run well at all, in 2009 when I used to play on a laptop I had 1.5gb of ram and fps were probably under 10, try and upgrade to 4gb at least, plus, graphics card and processor will also have an effect on that. :)
    giphy.gif
    PC Specs: i7 4790@3.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, R9 280X
    Youtube Channel (SamGames) www.youtube.com/channel/UCfcu71Y96Kyt7cUPvFZ6pTQ
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Sorry I don't even think you will be able to start the game
  • Options
    Jasmine01Jasmine01 Posts: 73 Member
    Just keep in mind that you don't raise your dedicated RAM too high. Java really doesn't like that.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    With the expansions you have you will probably need 6 or 8 GB of RAM to play the game. Plus a dedicated graphics card.
  • Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    My old laptop had 1.5gb of ram, I had the base, late night, high end loft stuff, island paradise and supernatural. It was painfully slow so I uninstalled the stuff pack. It ran a bit better, still lagged a lot though. In the end I got a new laptop with 8gb ram - it wasn't too expensive either ( about £300-400) so it was great