Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone here play the piano?

mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
I was just wondering because I just got finished with a song I've been working on...

Comments

• Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Piano <3<3<3
  • Options
    I do have a video of me playing the song if anyone is interested in what it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gff1boRnFaQ
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »

Wow, that's very good. I'm impressed!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Wow, that's very good. I'm impressed!

Lol. Thanks! The finished version sounds MUCH better.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member

Impressive! The clicking was a little distracting, but you played really well. How long have you been playing the piano?
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Major talent going on there! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Rinilex wrote: »

Impressive! The clicking was a little distracting, but you played really well. How long have you been playing the piano?

2 years. I think. The song was a lot of fun to learn. And I tried to remove the clicking in audacity but you can rest assured that it was much worse before I edited it.
    have2admit wrote: »
    have2admit wrote: »

Thanks! After a little while, you get tired of hearing the song... But it sticks in your brain!
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    no but my sims do . Does that count ?
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Very cool! i can only play Twinkle Little Star but with alot of out of tune. :3
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    I played piano for 13 years but I haven't touched it in a long long time. Your vid was great! :)
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    that lamp at the back is such a downer
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Great job!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    that lamp at the back is such a downer

That's my bed lamp. My room isn't big... I have to put my bed somewhere and since my bed takes up the majority of my room, lamp goes with bed.
  • Options
    RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    edited November 2014
    Looks good @mwdonohue :) And I like your lamp, I had a lamp just like that!

I don't play the piano, but about fourteen years ago I did promise myself to learn one of the The Sims building songs and play it on a grand piano. So far it has yet to happen, but I'm still loving the music, and I'm still going to do it. One day I will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNizVO8WBYw
  • Options
    Ritchie wrote: »
    Looks good @mwdonohue :) And I like your lamp, I had a lamp just like that!

I don't play the piano, but about fourteen years ago I did promise myself to learn one of the The Sims building songs and play it on a grand piano. So far it has yet to happen, but I'm still loving the music, and I'm still going to do it. One day I will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNizVO8WBYw

That is the EXACT song I'm putting in the compilation I'm doing. Not sure how I'm going to it though. It doesn't really fit. And I'm glad you like the lamp! I got it for like 3 dollars at target so what the heck?
  • Options
    John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    I do. I was once a performance major in college, but made my living in computers instead.

I try to practice daily even though I have some health issues that get in the way. It's a great break from everything else in the day, and it keeps the old noggin stimulated.

In addition to the piano, I also play the harpsichord and the clavichord. Since I can't post any links yet, look for Clavichord recital on YouTube, and you'll see my John Lyon replica of a 1763 Hass instrument and me playing my Roland Digital Harpsichord. I also have a replica Italian Virginal, but that needs to be repaired some day.

John
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Took lessons for 3 years till my teacher moved away -- plus I have trick fingers that lock up without warning so makes it tough to play anything faster than Andante. Taught me how to read music though which was a big help when I made the jump to vocal music (choral singing); when I was in 7th grade I was one of three students chosen to be a page-turner for the 8th and 9th grade Glee classes Spring Musicale, and then when I was in 9th grade Glee I was chosen for a small ensemble piece (six girls, three on a part; I was one of the second sopranos) to do "Rainy Days and Mondays" at the end of year concert. I couldn't take choral music in high school (it conflicted with my German classes), but I did take a music theory class my sophomore year where I met a really nice, shy senior trying to get extra units to graduate. Ended up chasing him for 13 years till he caught me -- dated for a bit, now we've been married for 23 years. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GigiK500GigiK500 Posts: 73 Member
    I tried but then I quit
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    When I was about 8, the former owners of our house left their piano. In the bench was a book on teaching yourself the chord method, so I taught myself. Then I would sound out song melodies and make my own arrangements. This all came in handy in my 20's when my church would project the words to the songs on a wall, and it was up to the pianist to play it. I played mid-week service for years, but burned out. I had too much going on. Never played again.

About 12 years ago I bought an electric grand figuring I would play since I could turn down the sound or use headphones. That lasted about 2 weeks.

The piano I bought in my 20's and the electric grand have their own room in my house, and some day I will get back on it! :D
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Nope. I can't. I can make noise though. XD
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I've always wanted to learn... Its silly I don't because my dad and Granny both play. lol
  • Options
    MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    I can play "Marry Had A Little Lamb" on piano. Learned it when I was Nine years old. :)
    zD4X8.gif
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I play the piano and bagpipes (I'm Scottish, can you tell? Lol) I thought the song was awesome and you played really well, especially with such a fast moving bass part! Kudos. :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    LeelooLeeloo Posts: 130 Member
    I play the piano and that's a really awesome piece!