Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too many kids!

Has anyone ever raised 6 kids in a family from baby to adult without cheating or aging them up too early? I'm doing that right now and it's a crazy amount of work!!! One of them is an adult all the others are teens now.

I spend all my time waking them up, sending them all to shower and pee, then feeding them and off to school. When they come back they all do their homework, eat, shower, pee and go to bed. It's getting quite repetitive, I can't wait for all of them to grow up and leave the house!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.

Comments

• Options
    lekshubaby1994lekshubaby1994 Posts: 204 Member
    That would be so much fun HAHAHHAH.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    hey at least you don't need to toilet train , teach how to walk, teach how to talk. You just send them off and wait for them to grow up.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Manuel0498Manuel0498 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm only raising two kids right now and I can't even handle them. :neutral_face: :'(
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    *Cough cough* 100 baby challenge. *Cough*
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    There should be a reality tv career for having lots of kids....
    19-kids-tuesdays-668x375.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    brytewolfbrytewolf Posts: 144 Member
    I had two different households with six kids each. I was trying to do "what the sim wanted!" so every time one of the partners got the whim for try for baby they did. So many regrets.

I feel your pain o_o
    5xgM8XF.gif
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    I love a challenge!
    I miss toddlers, would of made it that much harder.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    The good news is there's no social worker, wait I think that's bad news as well...

Good luck with the challenge!
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    You mean.. "too many angry poop ($15)"?
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    On the Sims 2 a sim would occasionally get the want to have 10 children and I would be compelled to complete it.

With the sims 4 I've either raised 5 or 6 kids at once (although one 'accidentally' died in a fire 1 day before she reached YA)
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I love a challenge!
    I miss toddlers, would of made it that much harder.
    A repetitive game is never a challenge. Never.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I did that with my first family. I'd have the couple TFB as soon as the baby was born, so they were back to back. Got two sets of twins in there, too. It was a total mad house. After that...I stuck to 3.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    A baby's laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds you will ever hear. Unless it's 3:33 a.m. And you're home alone. And you don't have a baby.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    This is why at most when I do play families (pretty rare as it is) I limit myself to 2 kids, unless I get twins/triplets on the second one. Just me personally but more than that, I find it's too much for me to handle. Kudos to you all who can manage it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    A baby's laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds you will ever hear. Unless it's 3:33 a.m. And you're home alone. And you don't have a baby.

WTP? Very nice. Just like Ratman's rambling is one of the coolest parts of Portal 2...unless it's 2:00am and you aren't playing Portal 2.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member

That is when hope that it's just that my SO left the TV upstairs on before coming down to bed......
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Cats in heat :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I like playing large families, except that their pics are so tiny sometimes I click on the wrong one. My last family I played I tried to get them off school 2 days a week to do skills and social.
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    yeah, having a lot of children feels repetitive. I only managed to score 4 children, having a pair of twins and two teens feel like a chore.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I couldn't raise a kid in TS3 and I'll probably not gonna do it in TS4 either. I'll just keep my sims have parties, relationships, and woohoo'ing one another. Who needs kids? smh
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    My last family was like this actually. It was my biggest in 4 so far (and the reason I quit playing them was that it was repetitive like you said!) They started out being a pregnant sim & her husband that I downloaded from the gallery- ended up having 2 sets of twins and 2 single children. It was a nightmare! The parents barely had time for anything else, the dad was always either working or sleeping and the mom would be non-stop gardening while she was pregnant.

I also hated how small their pictures got.

Edit: right now I'm trying to play that family again (thanks to this thread)

I forgot to add that somebody..."went missing" in this family's house once. It was one of the teen boys girlfriends, who was very annoying. I would invite her to stay the night and she would end up waking the whole family with tvs, radios, etc at all hours of the night. I built a 4x4 wall around her in one of the bathrooms & placed trash and dirty plates all around her. She would play a game on her phone, pee, and pass out in it, over and over. She eventually died after 2 days and the family Never had a clue. No regrets >:)
    Post edited by sunshineandsimoleons on
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    The most kids I've had was 8 in TS3. Not all at once obviously. I kept having twins and a set of triplets. It was a handful I can tell you that!

• Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    I've tried this in the Sims 3 ONCE with five kids. I'm telling you; NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Well i play with aging turn off none of my sims will be aging as i prefer to always keep my sims the same age
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Sounds like fun! :) My legacy founder had 2 sets of twins, all 4 are still kids, and although they manage mostly on their own, I can see it might be a good thing when the oldest move out, eventually :)

As long as you have enough beds, toilets and showers, they should be smart enough to take care of all those things themselves.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg