Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog wont' stop chewing furniture

I adopted a dog from the shelter and he had a litter with my german shepherd. One of the babies has grown up and now won't stop chewing on the furniture!

She has chew toys, they are easily accessible, I've boosted her chew motive using testingCheatsEnabled, and she has been trained to be non-destructive.

However, every two seconds she will go the furniture and destroy it! I don't know what to do. I have never had this problem and I feel she must surely be glitching somehow. If she doesn't need to chew, has other dogs to play with, has toys, and is trained, then why is she going for the chair? :(

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    chiggerhoundchiggerhound Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone? I guess I could just re-make her but this is ridiculous. She just won't stop. D: Then she was pregnant but it didn't say she was pregnant, and she never gave birth. I had to go back a save. She is still chewing everything. I have no mods.
  • Options
    Lilly433Lilly433 Posts: 82 Member
    Maybe that pet is glitched, which does suck, but it can happen to Sims so why not their pets too? I've seen the whole pregnant but didn't give birth thing with other pets too but have no idea how to fix it.. If you have any mods installed, I'd look into seeing if one of them is the problem as I've heard many people say certain mods mess with their pets. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Stefaniey24Stefaniey24 Posts: 72 Member
    maybe you should try to tran it like put the dog outside or you may give him to me i will fix him up and give him back to you
  • Options
    Saasha26Saasha26 Posts: 58 New Member
    What about 'resetsim [dog's name here]' ? It may help?
  • Options
    LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    Try scolding the dog for chewing on the furniture and praise them for using the chew toys, and if the dog has the lifetime points, there is a reward to prevent furniture destruction.
  • Options
    Grace6863Grace6863 Posts: 160 Member
    Ok to a cheat Ctrl + Shift + C then type in testingcheatsenabled true hold shift and click on the dog and then click on traits and then find non destructive and click on it and no more chewing :-)
  • Options
    I managed to get Non-Destructive trained fairly quickly and I keep the box of toys in an easy to reach area of the house.

Now comes the challenge of keeping the dog from growling/chasing the mailman to stop the aggressive trait from being added, I got playful trained, but friendly is being slow to add.
  • Options
    Grace6863Grace6863 Posts: 160 Member
    Well I am having the same problems but my Husky she pees on the floor in the house or on the porch and I am trying to train her so she lives out side for now :-)
  • Options
    If you have enough lifetime points, get Steel Bladder For Pets, that will solve the puddle problem.

Before I got that reward, I had my dog use the bushes near the front door of the house, she spends a lot of time near that area since the toy box is toward the front of the house and a lot of collectables tend to be found in that direction.