Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin: Installation Directory Problems/Failure to Download/Installation Paused

Hi there fellow simmers,

Today I restarted my computer to factory settings because I had some pretty unbearable malware on it that I just couldn't seem to get rid of. I backed up most of my files and photographs, but I figured I would just start fresh with my sims- it's been a while since I've played anyway, what with college and all, and I didn't really mind starting over with a new family. I couldn't remember my old families anyway! (I know! How terrible!) *shakes head in shame*

Anyway, my computer was looking all fresh and shiny and I was working on getting all of my files back onto it (only the very important ones) when I decided to re-install The Sims 3 and maybe take a break by starting up a family. To my horror I was unable to download the game (or any game at all from Origin) because of a slew of errors that kept popping up no matter what I seemed to do. I'm at my wits end, and I've been searching Google for solutions all afternoon. If you have any tips that could help me I'd really appreciate it.

I've already gone into my control panel and uninstalled/re-installed Origin twice, which didn't help at all. I wonder about manually doing it, but I'm nervous about doing that because they suggest a computer professional doing that for you; and I'm certainly NOT a computer professional.

Thanks,
Ren
FVIRakw.jpg
The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    When downloading digital versions of Sims 3 games from Origin use the Download button that appears after you click the i button on the game you want to install. The other download button gives errors.
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    When downloading digital versions of Sims 3 games from Origin use the Download button that appears after you click the i button on the game you want to install. The other download button gives errors.

Thank you for the tip. I tried that, but I still got the error message. The main problem is the installation directory problem, and when I change that it tells me after it starts "preparing the download" that my installation has been paused because Windows needs my permission or something but no box to click "yes" on ever pops up.
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    I used a Clean Boot and then downloaded and installed them all. It worked that way just fine. :)
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    saban116saban116 Posts: 1 New Member
    what do you mean you a clean boot? i have the same issue with my game
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    saban116 wrote: »

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    saban116 wrote: »
    hey @saban116 are you having an issue with installing the game? is it the same as OP where the last stage didnt seem to install? my work around was to simply wait for few minutes then close out of origin reboot the system to update the registry files and then turn back on origin this also installed the game if i had hanging at the end.