Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim's Interactions Fail

I've run into a very frustrating and stubborn problem.. the sim in question is one of 2 in my active household. The other sim in the household has no issues. However, the affected Sim can't have successful interactions with other sims. I'll select what I want her to do, she'll go over to do it, and the interaction will simply disappear from the queue. A lot of times there will be a small glitch moment where her and/or the sim she's trying to interact with will shift to a new position with in the immediate area. She seems to be able to interact with objects just fine, and she can talk to sims as long as it's through an object (like she can converse with the bar tender through the bar options). Other sims can interact with her fine as well.

I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix this. I've removed all mods and all downloaded content, I've tried clearing caches, I've tried moving her/the family out of the house in multiple ways. I actually can't move them/her into households at all.
If I evict them and try and put them back in the same or another house it will fail. I'll click "purchase" and they'll just go back on the clipboard or freeze on my cursor, where I can't move them anywhere and I'll have to force quit the game. I've tried switching active families before evicting them. I've tried saving a copy of them and trying to move them in that way, I've even tried moving them in another town in another game. I've even tried changing active households, deleting them with testingcheatsenabled cheat, then tried to move them in after the in game ones were gone.. NOTHING works! :(

This is a recent development. I've been working on this family for a long time and would really hate to lose it. Is there any way to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    MermaidRainbowMermaidRainbow Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh, and I have tried the resetsim cheat. I can reset her or the whole town, and her needs reset but her moodlets or position don't. :/
  • Options
    BethHardieBethHardie Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the exact same issue. I'm considering moving the sim out & moving another in his place!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Have you tried Overwatch by NRAAS? It's a handy mod that may solve your problem.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.