Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bicycles, do you miss them?

I sure do, I've never bought a car for my Sims, and always had them ride to town on a bike. Especially on the island worlds.

I really hope they make a return ingame, and you could bike around the neighborhood, as an alternative to jogging, you can get fit too. What do you guys think? Do you miss them? Would you want them make a return?
muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png

Comments

• Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    i think when cars come we will get them, hopefilly in a update!
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I liked the bikes. That said, I don't see much use for them in TS4 as it is now.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I miss them..Maybe if they return, the whole family could have bike rides together, or you could even teach your child how to ride a bike. that's a pretty big milestone to me.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I really hope it comes as a patch and not as an EP or SP or a store content. :s

@songsmith2003 - Bikes can be a good alternative for jogging, and maybe can be introduced as a safer exercise for the elders.
  • Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I miss them..Maybe if they return, the whole family could have bike rides together, or you could even teach your child how to ride a bike. that's a pretty big milestone to me.

That's a fantastic idea! And I agree. It really felt off to me that Sims in general can ride things like a pro without training.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I hope they add in bikes, scooters, three wheelers and big wheels.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »

That's a fantastic idea! And I agree. It really felt off to me that Sims in general can ride things like a pro without training.

But when Generations was released, teens needed to learn how to drive. :)

Before Generations, teens just drove without learning. XD
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I hope they add in bikes, scooters, three wheelers and big wheels.

Yes! I agree. And even the classic hoverboard should make a return. It would really make the game more lively to have Sims getting around the neighborhood other than jogging/walking.
  • Options
    SketchSketch Posts: 430 Member
    I miss brooms more. :(
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    colton147 wrote: »
    AnnePlays wrote: »

But when Generations was released, teens needed to learn how to drive. :)

Before Generations, teens just drove without learning. XD

Ahh, I didn't know about that, I've never had my Sims drive cars so I had no idea of this feature. It's really funny when I think about it. xD
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @AnnePlays, I just put up a thread about the weird way the sims jog (jog to one point, turn around and come back rather than run in a circuit) so I'd like to see them improve that before they add in bikes. If they ever do give us cars, I hope they include both bikes and motorcycles.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ah ok I see your point, I agree it won't be as much enjoyable if Sims travel that way, they'll miss out on alot if they do. D:
    I hope they improve on it too.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    I miss sims 3
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I do not miss bikes in the Sims 4. They seem useless because of the load screens. More open world...then maybe bikes.
  • Options
    CollectTheShellsCollectTheShells Posts: 62 Member
    > @AnnePlays said:
    > Gruffman wrote: »
    >
    > I hope they add in bikes, scooters, three wheelers and big wheels.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes! I agree. And even the classic hoverboard should make a return. It would really make the game more lively to have Sims getting around the neighborhood other than jogging/walking.

Oh the classic hoverboard! I miss that. For bikes I remember all the "green" stuff and trying to be super eco friendly with my old Sims.
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I do actually. They were my mode of transportation, because I didn't like they way cars worked. I'd welcome them back if they were wanted.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I miss them, they were awesome in TS3
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Considering how SMALL these hoods are, not really.

IF this were actually an open world I would be in an outrage without bicycles and cars.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Yes! It is my favourite transport mode
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    My sim always drove the race car. Got them wherever they were going in record time.

Yes, I'm a city girl so how long it takes to get somewhere is always an issue. ;)
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm trapped on my home lot like its 2005, what do I need a bike for?
  • Options
    There's more to a bike than just travelling to distant places. ;)

If ever they make a return, I think adding these interactions would make them more enjoyable.
    -Perform tricks to impress other Sims
    -Teach other Sims how to ride
    -Serendipity ride around the neighborhood.
    -Talk/Enthuse about biking.