Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my mermaids forgot how to mermaid :/

All of a sudden, my mermaids don't get their tails when they're in the water anymore, and swim like normal sims.....they still have scales, and a hydration need......I know the fix for NPCs this happens with, but don't know how to fix it in my own household. Any help?

Comments

• Options
    MusicalRose21MusicalRose21 Posts: 143 Member
    I've been having this same problem for the longest too :\
  • Options
    hyperbolehyperbole Posts: 197 Member
    I just locked them in the house and made them turn human again......going to see if I can re-tail them with more kelp......
  • Options
    HukysukyHukysuky Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this problem too. Have you tried to age your sim below the age you want the to be? (For example if you want an YA mermaid use the edit sim cheat and make her/him a teen) Then age the mermaid sim up with a birthday cake or cheat and then when you go in the water you should have tail back.
  • Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    I've never have this happen. Have you tried resetting them?
  • Options
    SkyePliskenSkyePlisken Posts: 33 Member
    I have the opposite problem. My mermaid still mermaids but the NPC mermaids do not anymore. Triton turned into an albino with no scales - yet, he's still considered a mermaid in game.
  • Options
    I did not know there were mermaids in island paradise! I just got it like 1 day ago.
  • Options
    LeelooLeeloo Posts: 130 Member
    Yeah, the solution is to make them one age younger then trigger an age transition. And mermaids are great! I love them as a life state.
  • Options
    swoienski12swoienski12 Posts: 7 New Member
    if you cheated an npc into your household that's why but if not make them human an then eat mermaidic kelp again
  • Options
    Ember221Ember221 Posts: 14 New Member
    I have a similar yet different problem. My sim met an NPC triton and when he swims, his legs move like a tail, but are not a tail. He doesn't even have scales. I was wondering if he was a weird townie sim with mad diving skills for a second, but all game interactions treat him like a triton. He's not in my active household, and I don't want him to be, so how do I fix him?
  • Options
    Ember221Ember221 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @SkyePlisken said:
    > I have the opposite problem. My mermaid still mermaids but the NPC mermaids do not anymore. Triton turned into an albino with no scales - yet, he's still considered a mermaid in game.
    This is the same problem I have.
  • Options
    SkyePliskenSkyePlisken Posts: 33 Member
    @ember221 I eventually got tired of a neighborhood full of broken mermaids so I packaged my sim up and plopped her house and all into a new Isla Paradiso. It was sad to lose all her friends and her progress with discovering the islands, but the game was unplayable. I mean, it's an expansion pack centered around island life and mermaids - and my mermaids were all broken.