Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will TS3 Modifications Work in Sims 4?

JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
If I install TS3 CC, like the animation player I installed in Sims 3, into the Sims 4 Mods Package folder will it work or will it screw up the game?

If it screws up the game can I just close the game, take out that particular Package folder, reopen the game and have it run properly or will I have to uninstall and re-install the entire game?

What kind of risks are involved with installing TS3 CC into the TS4 Mods folder?

Comments

• Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    I wouldn't try it as it won't work. I haven't looked into it much as I don't have Sims 4 but I believe Sims 4 uses a completely different coding system for mods.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    How the heck can you offer such fantastic help for Sims 4 when you don't even own the game???? You're a miracle dude!!!

If it screws up the game do you think I can just close the game, take out that particular Package folder, reopen the game and have it run properly or will I have to uninstall and re-install the entire game?

What kind of risks are involved with installing TS3 CC into the TS4 Mods folder?

• Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    I'm going by what it says on the Sims 4 Modding Forum which mentions that there are different tools needed for S4 compared to S3 and also Crinrict's Guide to installing mods in S4. Crin says it will 'mess up your game' if you put an S3 mod into S4. Taking it out again would probably fix things, but I'll leave it up to you to decide what 'mess up your game' means :)

This was the same situation when S3 came out. S2 mods do not work in S3.
    Mods FAQ: Links to Tutorials & Resources
    Crinrict's Sims 4 Help Blog
  • Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's not going to work. They're two completely different games, sorry.
  • Options
    Actually, I would be "sorry" if I didn't have cool people like you to tell me this before I attempted it!

Thanks!!!

• Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
  • Options
    "Er octo nunum"

That's Latin for...can we have an eight-legged squid for dinner

I'm watching the Addams Family movie streaming on Netflix

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    No they will not. Two different games cannot use the same mods.
    6JSxk49.png?1