Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses will not breed?

Hey guys!

I've had the Sims 3 for a long time, and my favourite aspect has been the horses! I recently got ambitions, and made use of the "Horsewoman" career. However, for the past 2 days on a new game, horses will not breed.

I made 2 horses, which were considered "litter mates" even though I selected them to have no relationship. The breeding option came up with them, but all that happened when I pressed it was that they nuzzled. I bought an empty lot and dotted about some boxes, and tried with them outside the stall, then putting one in the stall and selecting try for foal.

After this didn't work, I bought a new stallion and tried breeding him to my mare. The exact same thing happened. They'd nuzzle, then nothing would happen.

I then decided to bring my mare to the equestrian centre and tried to breed her there. I selected the stallion, but all the happened was my Sim and my horse ended up stuck behind the centre, and the breeding didn't occur.

I've never had this issue before, and am currently on Sunset Valley (every other map crashes). I don't log in when playing, nor run custom content. I don't really want to start a new game, as I've spent a lot of time getting my mare to win all of her achievements. Using these settings has never had any problem before. Please help!

Comments

• Options
    FunkyChicken07FunkyChicken07 Posts: 15 New Member
    Has no one else had this error? In the old forums I saw something similar, but no answer had been found. I tried making a new family, with no luck.
  • Options
    SeralinaSeralina Posts: 8 New Member
    i haven't had any issues. I only have Pets, Supernatural, and Generations as DLCs currently, and i breed horses a lot successfully.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited September 2014
    Obviously, if the game flagged the horse as littermates, that would hinder breeding right there. With the bought stallion, you have to be sure that the horses have adequate relationship (shouldn't have the option to breed if they don't , but you know this game ;) ) and the moods are up, or the interaction may cancel. Sometimes it just takes multiple tries to get it to work. I've not run into the EC problem before. Are you sure the mare is an adult and not an elder? If you've got enough lifetime points, you might try the young-again potion for pets and see if that helps. (I'm wondering if the game might have flagged her elder in the code somewhere even if her icon doesn't show it, then the potion might clear it.)

I've been running 50-foal challenge and a few other horsey games and not hit this particular glitch. But I do sometimes have to try several times to get the pair to both go to the box, rather than one going and the other wandering off. FTR, I've got all the EP/SPs but Sweet Treats and a good bit of the store, but no mods beyond the 'all trophies fit on shelves' and a few horse markings.

Oh, and the big obvious question - do you have room in your household for another pet? It should gray the option and tell you when the house is full, but . . . we know this game.
  • Options
    Hope_lightHope_light Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys!

I've had the Sims 3 for a long time, and my favourite aspect has been the horses! I recently got ambitions, and made use of the "Horsewoman" career. However, for the past 2 days on a new game, horses will not breed.

I made 2 horses, which were considered "litter mates" even though I selected them to have no relationship. The breeding option came up with them, but all that happened when I pressed it was that they nuzzled. I bought an empty lot and dotted about some boxes, and tried with them outside the stall, then putting one in the stall and selecting try for foal.

After this didn't work, I bought a new stallion and tried breeding him to my mare. The exact same thing happened. They'd nuzzle, then nothing would happen.

I then decided to bring my mare to the equestrian centre and tried to breed her there. I selected the stallion, but all the happened was my Sim and my horse ended up stuck behind the centre, and the breeding didn't occur.

I've never had this issue before, and am currently on Sunset Valley (every other map crashes). I don't log in when playing, nor run custom content. I don't really want to start a new game, as I've spent a lot of time getting my mare to win all of her achievements. Using these settings has never had any problem before. Please help!
    Hey guys!

Hey guys!

• Options
    Hope_lightHope_light Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the same problem have u figured it out yet
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Having the same issue.
    I've placed two of the largest box stalls on a blank, empty lot, spread far apart. The two aren't litter mates, are of opposite sexes and have the highest possible relationship. The interaction just cancels after they rub necks.
    I'm getting so.dang.frustrated. because I've tried it on both of the horses house lots, and now two public lots. NADA