Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims are sobbing in their sleep

I'm playing a single father with a daughter. At least he was a single father until he met and married Nina Caliente and got her pregnant. Alice, his daughter, became BFF with Alexander Goth so I decided to switch to playing the Goths for a while so I could play Alex as a child. So one day before Alice aged up to teen I turned aging off and switched households. Alexander would visit Alice and I noticed that Nina had given birth. Both parents went to work, they worked in the criminal career, and left Alice and Alexander alone with the baby. Of course when the baby needed attention being kids they weren't able to do anything. This happened several times on visits to Alice.

Then I switched back to my original household and noticed that Lucia, the new baby, had a stink cloud surrounding her. So I sent Nina over to care for her but before she took a step towards the cradle I got a notification that Lucia was being whisked away to safety by social services because of neglect.

The rest of the household is in bed sobbing in their sleep.
tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.

Comments

• Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Aww that's too bad. Do you have any prior saves you could load?
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    This has yet to happen to my sims, although now that you've given me the idea... >D Does the bassinet just disappear, or do you get a social worker?
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    ArchD wrote: »
    This has yet to happen to my sims, although now that you've given me the idea... >D Does the bassinet just disappear, or do you get a social worker?
    I think they are magically whisked away to the cornfield.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    Aww that's too bad. Do you have any prior saves you could load?

I have but I would lose too much progress with the Goth as I am playing with a long lifespan.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    ArchD wrote: »

The baby disappears out of the bassinet, no social worker turns up.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    @mulboro The corn surrounding Willow Creek is pleased...
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    When you visit people their need's do decay and stuff like that so it makes sense for the baby to have been taken away. It is a lame situation but it does make sense
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I too cry in my sleep... but not because of babies... :\
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    My Sims giggle in their sleep constantly. At least crying would be a change.

I age up the babies almost immediately because there doesn't seem to be any point in keeping them babies longer. The first time I did this, however, I tried all the available baby interactions before aging it up, meaning the baby got fed twice. Yet she was ravenous when she aged up. Maybe there is something not right about the way baby needs are being calculated.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    I'm playing a single father with a daughter. At least he was a single father until he met and married Nina Caliente and got her pregnant. Alice, his daughter, became BFF with Alexander Goth so I decided to switch to playing the Goths for a while so I could play Alex as a child. So one day before Alice aged up to teen I turned aging off and switched households. Alexander would visit Alice and I noticed that Nina had given birth. Both parents went to work, they worked in the criminal career, and left Alice and Alexander alone with the baby. Of course when the baby needed attention being kids they weren't able to do anything. This happened several times on visits to Alice.

Then I switched back to my original household and noticed that Lucia, the new baby, had a stink cloud surrounding her. So I sent Nina over to care for her but before she took a step towards the cradle I got a notification that Lucia was being whisked away to safety by social services because of neglect.

The rest of the household is in bed sobbing in their sleep.

You switched and neglected.

Despite reports, TS4 does not support rotational game play. Sims dissapear, start affairs, hell breaks loose if you play more than one household.
  • Options
    I went back to my previous save with the Goth and sent Bella over to do some childcare before the switch. She made another friend for her secret agent job before she was finished. Then when I switched Voila! no baby being whisked away. Bella was still in the house when Kev and Nina went off to work and I got Nina to change nappy and breastfeed before she left. I though that Bella would provide childcare assistance if it was needed in the evening but it wasn't needed as I got notification that Lucia was sent to daycare.

Now why didn't that happen when Alex was visiting? Maybe the developers didn't take into account that the visitors would consist only of a child who couldn't take care of the baby's needs.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    SDBmaniaSDBmania Posts: 68 Member
    My Sim me giggles in his sleep. He does have the goofy trait. I wonder if I giggle in my sleep...
    Origin ID: sdbmania
    My blog:scottdavidbrown.com
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I wish sims CUDDLED in their sleep like they used to do.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Aw poor sims. They truly are heartbroken. I hope EA fixes the situation with the babies soon.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    SDBmania wrote: »
    My Sim me giggles in his sleep. He does have the goofy trait. I wonder if I giggle in my sleep...

my husband does rofl XD I wonder what he dream's that make's him chuckle...I should ask, but I doubt he'll know what he's doing when he sleeps bwuaha
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Don't they anymore? What a fail!
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    pguida wrote: »
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Don't they anymore? What a fail!

nope, watch you sims after woohoo or even sleeping
    my sims just stay on their side of the bed, no cuddles no sweet talk

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius