Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The saving...

Omg I played for like three hours last night and SAVED. But it's gone? It's nowhere to be found!?

Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Ouch, that's not good. :(

I hope it's fixed soon.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I have not had this problem myself, but I did read a thread where other simmers were suggesting that you use the Save As option instead of the Save and Exit.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    iheartyyouxoiheartyyouxo Posts: 8 New Member
    Yea I had a house deleted that I was working on for about 2 hours. I tend to manually save every few days while I am playing just in case. Though I was building on an empty lot so I think it only saves when you return to the neighborhood. I may have just missed a save button and I didn't feel like returning to the neighborhood periodically. After exiting the game using the save and exit I returned to see the lot empty again.
  • Options
    KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
    The saving issues have been very confusing and problematic for a lot of people. I hope they fix this soon.
  • Options
    Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    Ok this isn't comforting. I just did the Save and Exit with my game today. I think these glitches are why I am not fully allowing myself to get into the game. I'd hate to work hard on a family only to lose them to a glitch. Thanks for the suggestions on how to not have this happen.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Options
    emilyd1226emilyd1226 Posts: 7 New Member
    I've had this issue as well. I save fairly regularly, and tend to save and exit at the same time. When I went to "load" to play today the family I played last night had a 4 hour difference between my save (5:58) and the auto-save (9:58). I have noticed that this has been on a few different threads.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Yea I had a house deleted that I was working on for about 2 hours. I tend to manually save every few days while I am playing just in case. Though I was building on an empty lot so I think it only saves when you return to the neighborhood. I may have just missed a save button and I didn't feel like returning to the neighborhood periodically. After exiting the game using the save and exit I returned to see the lot empty again.
    I've never gone back to the neighborhood after working on a build. Just save from the lot and then exit. I did "lose" my house once but it was because I was looking at the wrong lot. XD
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    You just have to save game by clicking "save as"
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.