Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening Help/Tips Please <3

I was wondering how you make *hybrid* Plants and how do you go about obtaining the Cow plant and just generally any gardening tips would be awesome! :D Thank you!
VUQXO1P.png
Z6gfpiv.png?1

Comments

• Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    At level 7 you'll be able to cut and graft plants. The cow plant you have to graft snapdragons and dragonfruits. I'm not high enough yet (kids keep interrupting me!) but I'm hoping I'll get to play with this tonight.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    lynny wrote: »
    At level 7 you'll be able to cut and graft plants. The cow plant you have to graft snapdragons and dragonfruits. I'm not high enough yet (kids keep interrupting me!) but I'm hoping I'll get to play with this tonight.
    oh cool, my sim will be level 7 gardening very shortly XD

Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    You can also catch cowplant seeds fishing. I have caught them in two spots, the stream with the cave at the back of the big park in Oasis Springs, and the pond in Sylvan Glade.

Carls Sims guide has a pretty good guide on gardening, but it's still a work in progress

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/
  • Options
    dnmartyn wrote: »
    You can also catch cowplant seeds fishing. I have caught them in two spots, the stream with the cave at the back of the big park in Oasis Springs, and the pond in Sylvan Glade.

Carls Sims guide has a pretty good guide on gardening, but it's still a work in progress

Oh cool Thanks! I have been looking for guides since yesterday and could not find any xD
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    Shades302 wrote: »

Oh cool Thanks! I have been looking for guides since yesterday and could not find any xD

My pleasure :) I've been having a ton of fun with gardening so far in this game :) Did you know you can grow a trash plant?
  • Options

My pleasure :) I've been having a ton of fun with gardening so far in this game :) Did you know you can grow a trash plant?

Oh cool! Yeah the gardens look so lush and vibrant! And no :o, what is a trash plant for? haha xD
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options

Oh cool! Yeah the gardens look so lush and vibrant! And no :o, what is a trash plant for? haha xD

I'm pretty sure it was just the dev's having fun. Someone on the forums reported thatafter their trash can was kicked over, they had the option to water the pile of trash, and it actually grew into a bush with little trash bags, lol
  • Options

I'm pretty sure it was just the dev's having fun. Someone on the forums reported thatafter their trash can was kicked over, they had the option to water the pile of trash, and it actually grew into a bush with little trash bags, lol

that sounds kind of cute XD

Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    My sim accidentally grew a trash plant. I didn't notice that she left a pile of trash in the yard and it grew into a trash plant. I had her water it and now she has trash fruit in her inventory. I have no idea what the fruit is good for. :)
  • Options
    ians252ians252 Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know if your plants eventually die or will they last forever if you take care of them?
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I over did it with my first garden. My sim couldn't keep up with work and gardening so the whole thing died. It gave off the green haze and I had her trash everything. Now I only have five or six plants and they keep evolving, none have died so far. She is only level 4 right now.
  • Options
    DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    I was excited at the prospect of the Hybrid plants. Silly me, assumed I might actually get hybrids.

Graft an apple tree clipping onto a grape vine? All you get are apples and grapes.