Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orange Exclamation sign over the Museum map view Willow Creek?

I played with no sleep last night and now note a orange ! mark over the Museum when in map mode. What did I break? LOL

Comments

• Options
    BerniniCaCO3BerniniCaCO3 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hah! me too. Have no reason to believe that it's tied to having a sim stay up... I don't know when it occurred.
    Exactly the same: in lieu of the blue icon for the museum, I know have an orange exclamation.

Bug?

I was thinking it might have been like a mission marker: hey! there's some goal for your sim to accomplish over here at the museum!
    ...but I went there, can't see any aspiration involving the museum at the moment (from time to time, the sim gets, 'paint at the museum' sort of goal). So that's not the reason.

Keep us posted.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    LOL! It is drivng me crazy. I have googled and cannot find anything on this icon.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    There was another thread about that appearing over one of the other venues ... a lounge, I think. No answers there, either.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    maybe some event is occuring there? a party pehaps?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    maybe some event is occuring there? a party pehaps?

I keep going there and nothing. Everything is working fine so I am lost hehe.

• Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Sounds like a warcrack Quest marker.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Here's that other thread; figured it might be good to put y'all in contact. Giving them your thread, too.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778535/lounge-venue-has-yellow-caution-symbol-and-no-sims-show-up
  • Options
    TSJassonTSJasson Posts: 120 Member
    Hello! The exclamation mark tells you that something is missing from the venue. I believe SimGuruGraham has posted the solution on another thread. :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    The yellow triangle means something on your venue is incomplete. If you exit to your map (Manage Worlds) and enter the venue in Build Mode there is UI in the upper left that will tell you which objects you are missing to complete it.

I was missing a tash can LOL. I have not idea how it went poof.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Heyo, let me just copy my reply from the other thread to help out here...

If you see the yellow caution sign over a venue, it means that the lot is missing some of the objects that it needs to function. When it's in this state, other Sims won't visit or use the venue for its intended purpose.

No worries though, there's an easy way to fix this. From Live Mode, press ESC and select Manage Worlds. This will take you to the map where you can click on the Lounge with the yellow caution sign. From there, click the Build button on the lot. Once it loads into Build Mode, it should automatically display a list of the missing objects in the top left of the screen... simply look for the object in that list that it says it's missing, and place it down on the lot. Once every object in the list has a green check mark on it, the lot will function once again. Just exit Build Mode and you'll be good to go.

If you're having trouble finding the list of objects at any time, it's always located within the Lot Info Panel, which is one of the buttons along the bar at the top of the screen while you're in Build Mode.
  • Options
    ShimirelShimirel Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks that worked for me. The lounge instruments has gone walk about, added them back in and all is well again. Maybe the NPC sims added them to their inventory? Oh well all fixed now cheers!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I just found out the Museum needs an Easel? But I don't want my Sims to paint in the museum :( Maybe I'll hide the easel in a tiny doorless room ...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    StormyCat0195StormyCat0195 Posts: 8 New Member
    I had the same problem.

Apparently one of my sims stole a sculpture.

I fixed it by managing worlds and going into build mode and adding some more sculptures to the lot.

No more caution symbol :)